I hurt all over!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even remember if I posted about this, the past 3 weeks have been kind of a blur.
I have had 2 car accidents in 3 weeks. The first one I was rear ended by a big van, then he ran away. My passenger and I managed to get his tag number, and the police found him a few days later. I had a moderate whiplash and some other soft tissue damage in that one, but was able to get out of the cab and have dh drive me to the hospital.
Last week a young girl ran a red light in front of me, and I could not get stopped in time to avoid hitting her. She was on her cell phone, with an unrestrained infant in the car. She said it was all her fault, but it was no big deal. She is not from here, not familiar with the area and did not know there was a light there. Like that should make it ok. I have 6 witnesses and the news crew from the local news that just happened by right as the accident took place. (Ironically, they were doing a piece on how bad traffic in Jville has gotten recently.) They caught her on video saying it was all her fault, but she did not think it was a bad accident. She was saying this as they were taking me out of the cab on a backboard. She would not allow the EMTs to check out the baby. She got angry because I would not get out and talk to her. If I could have gotten out, I felt like beating the *rap out of her. I have a major whiplash, muscles torn loose from my spine between my shoulder blades, 2 sprained ankles, it has aggravated the previous injuries, some memory loss, and I was on the 6 o'clock news. I kept telling the guy with the camera to get the hell away from me and get the camera out of my face. DH heard it over the radio and came immediately, and chased the guy away when he got there. I would have loved to have seen that part of it. I saw the guy run away behind the truck. I did not see it on tv, but I guess everyone else in Onslow county did. How embarrassing!
My cab looks trashed, but the fleet mechanics said it could be fixed easily.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! What rotten luck. Take it easy and lets hope you have your quota on accidents filled.

Just what you need is some dolt trying to interview you in that state!! I hope you feel better real soon.

cinder_chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, feel better soon!!
People like the girl that ran the light in front of you should not be allowed to drive, not only because she was talking on a cell phone, but because she got knocked up and wasn't smart enough to realize that children need to be restrained when the car is in motion. Maaaaaan, I was hoping that I could go for more than one day without wanting to throttle someone...but she deserves it for putting your life and the life of her own flesh and blood in danger!!!! Sheesh!!
I've never sent vibes before since I'm still pretty new, but you get my first ones ever!!
Enjoy them and feel better!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a run of bad luck you've had lately.
I really hope you heal up OK and can get back into your daily routine quickly, without needing lots of meds and treatment.
Healing vibes for you!

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my, as if it isn't bad enough to be in car accident and get hurt but get involved in a Jerry Springer event! Heal speedily!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow... I'm so sorry
I hope you heal and feel better. I can't believe some people. I hope she looked like an idiot saying the accident wasn't that bad, it may not have been that bad for her. I'm sorry it was bad for you.

I do hope your luck turns around really fast, and that you heal, and are out of pain soon...

I am very glad it wasn't worse though.

be safe.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
for rapid healing. How long are you going to have to be off work? Hopefully her insurance will pay everything without arguing about it since she made a public statement that she was at fault.

You would think she'd be more concerned about her baby even if she doesn't care whether you were hurt. Some people don't pay attention until you hit them in the pocketbook.

I was in an accident about 10 years ago (my fault
no injuries but totaled both cars). Even though it was my fault the other driver ended up paying huge fines. He had two kids in his truck and nobody wearing seatbelts. At the time the driver was fined $80 for the first person without a seatbelt, $160 for the second person, and $320 for the third person. What do you want to bet he's never gone anywhere again without checking seatbelts first?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The insurance adjuster says they are not going to pay for the cab, they are going to make me sue them. Apparently if they can prove that I was even a tiny bit responsible for the accident, they do not have to pay off. They said it was my responsibility to make sure nobody was in the intersection before I proceeded through it. NC is the only state still left that has this ridiculous law. My idiot lawyer just threw up his hands like he did not know what to do. I fired him today and got a good lawyer. She is a shark, and loves taking on insurance companies. She is going to take both cases. The cab damage was already paid for on the first accident and they had just fixed the minor damage right before the second accident. I have 8 more weeks of chiropractor visits before anything can be done financially for me.
They worked on the cab today and it should be back on the road this weekend. I will be glad to get it back, it is the only one I ever make any money in. I hope they paint it the new fleet color that all of them are going to be eventually. If you can't see this yellow for at least a mile, you must be blind. It is BRIGHT! I told the boss they were at least going to have to paint over the target it seemed to have on it.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How in the world can that accident be your fault if the girl ran the red light.
It sure makes me want to stay away from Jacksonville.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just reading about your injuries made me cringe.

Reading about that dingbat made me want to throttle her. I hope she at least got one heck of a ticket for not having that baby restrained!
Not to mention running the red light. And being an idiot. I'm pretty sure that being an idiot while driving is against the law. If it isn't it should be!

Lots of healing coming your way, and
let your lawyer be absolutely cutthroat!