I Hope I Can Find Someone Who Can Help Me

Omar89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all this my first post, warm greetings to everyone who reads this. I hope I can get some help here! I’ve found a street cat by coincidence a year and a half ago, I’ve been taken care of him ever since trying my best to provide him with love, food on a daily basis and shelter for most of the time lately, this winter I had him stay with me inside the house because it’s freezing cold outside where he usually stays at night when it’s warm in the spring and summer time.. I haven’t fully adopted him to be honest but he’s always around my house and backyard when he’s outside plus I have a sister that has phobia from cats and dogs probably animals in general ‍♂ and she freaks out whenever he moves! which makes it hard to keep him inside all the time, but I care a lot about him and his well being. For the past week he’s been acting differently not as usual, where he eats and lays down by my side or in his bed and sleeps or just chill as he normally is, for the past week he’s been going under the dining table and jumps on the chairs and holds the table cloth and bites on it then runs to the couch scratches a bit and his head is constantly moving like he’s looking for something and he gets into these haunting positions as if he’s ready to jump on a prey, he’s just all over the place, he goes into this mode for some time then cools down and gets back to normal, I believe something is off, I want to help him he’s been with me through a lot of tough times I’ve had, he’s been a very loyal and protective friend always a joy to see him, and I want to repay him. If anyone went through such behavior with their cat please enlighten me!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :welcomesign::hithere:

It's so wonderful that you're caring for this sweet boy. My first thought would be to get him to the vet for a thorough check up, just to make certain nothing physical is contributing to this behaviour. If you can, get one of these episodes on video too, so the vet can see what you're talking about.

It might well be that he's just playing, but especially as he was a stray, it never hurts to check the health side of things ;)

If he has a clean bill of health, he may just be playing. My guys usually get the zoomies at some point each day. You can direct this energy into interactive playtime with him - a great way to strengthen your bond, as well as being great fun for you both :)
Adopting A Stray Cat
Identifying Common Ailments In Cats Adopted From Animal Shelters And Rescue Groups
How And Why Do Cats Play?
Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it sounds like he's just playing, being frisky, having the zoomies! It means he feels comfortable at your house and around you, so that's good.

If you really think something is wrong, take a video and have the vet look at it. But the way you describe it I think he's just playing.

Try to get him to the vet for his shots and neutering. It's important for human health for him to have his rabies shot, and neutering him will prevent a lot of unwanted kittens from being born. Also it may prevent him from wandering and fighting too much.