I have the best horse!

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
would give him that awesome head (and great bod for that matter)... I will have pix of my baby soon - I just have to bring them to work......:tounge2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you think you could post a pic right when you got him and then a recent one so I can see how he flourished under your TLC? My hat is off to you for rescuing an abused horse and doing such wonders for him!

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a pix of the first day I got him - he's in pretty good shape, but you can't see the marks and big hole under his chin from them beating him onto the trailer to get him from Iowa to New Hampshire.

When I went to get him in NH to bring home, it took me 2 freaking hours to coax him onto the trailer.

I have some great pix of him now - hes my
.... him and Ted went out yesterday to roll in the MUD OH MY GOD they are sooooo filthy.... ran around like lunatic 2 year olds for about an hour - go figure....:tounge2: If he could have done some of the moves he did yesterday under saddle, we woulda been champions!!!:tounge2: :tounge2: (can you say Pirouette at full speed, stop square, hault salute, spray Janet and tracey w/mud as you take off again?)
tounge2:

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mud Manuevers! Racer and Travler used to do that all the time in the soggy fields. I marveled that they could run in all that gook, but they managed. Everyday when I go out to groom Racer he waits all of 10 minutes after I am done, lets himself into the round pen and has a roll in the sawdust! So much for being clean! My friend recently rescued a mare that had been used in lab experiments.
When they got her she had this big old tube hanging out of her belly! The vet came and said it was dangerous to remove it, it had been in so long that scar tissue had adhered to it, so this mare is now out to pasture in lush grass, she gets scratches and love daily and they have trimmed the tube down so it won't interfere with her activity. She almost died twice, but Kelly is the best with her and gives her lots of attention. I just don't understand people that do research on animals. It is my biggest gripe- and no I don't want to start a flame war by saying that. The mare's name has been changed to Fortunate, because she certainly is!

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't even imagine.... good for your friend for saving her.... GOD I hate people sometimes...
There are so many out there, I wish I was rich..... big crazy cat lady farm..... weeeeee:tounge2:

Do you do alot of riding? I would love to be able to ride in your country! Man! How beautiful! We're getting so built up - new championship golf course in my back yard replacing the 400 acres of trails
, but at least it's not low income housing, which was the alternative, and hey! my house value will go up so....

At least we have a state park right across the street
... I don't like to trailer much, gives me the willies unless it's a big rig - my baby has to go BIG!:tounge2:

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hand walk Racer down the road ( it tends to be a bit busy) then when we get to the forest trail, I just mount up and off we go. They are trying to make it really difficult to be a horse owner these days, lots of new developments going in, and they are talking about taxing you if you use a horse park to ride in! There is a really awesome park about an hour away, strictly for horses, with hitching posts, overnight corrals and stalls, and so far they have withstood the pressure of turning it into a more lucrative commercial project! Oh well, no more brain break......back to Math.......
But I am like you, should I ever win the lottery, my dream is to open up a big facility for retired horses and senior citizens. The place will be the sort that the seniors can interact with all the rescued animals, regardless of their physical conditions, because I think the two together the rescued critters and the seniors would be so good for each other. I worked to long in convalescent hospitals and saw what happens to folks who have no contact with others and so I have always wanted to do this. They waste away and those animals will need them as much as they will need the animals.

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That would be awesome! It sounds like a beautiful area you live in - oh, would I die if they had a "horse park" like you do! Anyway - good luck with your math.... BTW - how's your house and everything after the storm? you up and running again, everything okay now???

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But the rain has hampered us some. I haven't been outside in a few days. The shop will probably not be in operation until summertime. We need to cut the front of the building out to remove the debris as safely as we can, to just go in the doorway and start removing items would be a suicidal act! I know, I know I need to study! sigh.......

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the link to information about EB! It is the best!

EBP

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll have to tell Tracey (aka Sammy & Mikko) about it! I wish you luck on the cleanup - we're getting rain now and WOW is my left knee killing me.... oh well, getting old
Have fun studying (yuk!):tounge2: