i have been given HUMAN medication for my CAT

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Same here! Somehow cats don't appreciate the bubblegum taste like we do.
When Sho had a horrible URI as a kitten he would hide at medicine time.
Years ago I knew someone who hurt their back at work, lifting a large german shepherd (worked in a vet office), the vet gave her a couple of painkillers for dogs.
Maybe the bubblegum flavor is better than no bubblegum flavor, but I always hated bubblegum flavor meds

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Our beloved Sambo was given human cough syrup, the vet even called it in to our Wal-Mart, and the precription was in Sambos name too.
A couple years ago, when I firdst sttarted volunteering at the rescue, we got in a epileptic kitty named Pooh Bear. When I went to the pharmacy to pick up the phenobarb (another human medicine), I told the lady i was there to pick up a prescription for Pooh Bear. The lady stared at me like I was nuts!

Now, Pooh Bear has since passed away, but now we have little Dreamer, who I have to also go pick up the meds for. (epileptic as well)

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet compounding pharmacy I work at makes all the above mentioned medicines ( and tons more) in forms that pets will take without a struggle (generally) Its pretty cool. We ship out most of our stuff but have quite a few regular customers who sometimes bring their pets in when they pick up. I love it.