I Have A Question About My Two Cats.

edteach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a feral cat I have been working with for over a year. He lets me pet him and hangs around the house and lives in a shelter I built him. The other cat I adopted and she was feral but is now a good lap cat Brindle. Brindle lives on the screened porch. I put in a swinging cat door for her and she uses it. I lock her down inside at night and the coons don't get at her or her food. The thing is she wants to go out, she will go out coal the out door cat will run after her and she then spends her out door time hiding nuder the porch. I have to coax her out and put her back in the porch. Although she wants to go out should I just keep her on the porch? She has a heated shelter in winter there and food with water and a cat tree. The bird feeder is just out side her cat tree. I prefer she does not go out. She just gets into fights with coal. Any thoughts?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who really only wanted to go as far as the porch. She would sit at the door asking to go out. But when I let her out, she would sit on the top step and that was enough for her. She was remarkably well-behaved in this respect. I could leave the front door open while I unpacked my car and never worried about her running off. Sometimes I would have to coax her to join me outside on the deck. If Brindle is happy enough with the porch, that may be all you need. If letting her outside otherwise always ends up in a fight with coal and a hide under the porch, then maybe confining her to the porch is best. She gets some outside and doesn't have to fight for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edteach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree. I love them both but the three cats I have do not play well with each other.