I have a new ring because...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Yup...and the first time someone said thank you "mrs." I stuttered in reply, because it was just so...odd...me? Mrs??
Oh yeah, that too! My fiance referred to me as "soon to be Mrs. E."... I was like, but that's your mom!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did notice that you referred to your BF as your fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] and I though, whoa, I missed something here. Thank you for the official announcement and

Congratulations!!!

Also, your fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] is a good guy in my book since he's been very supportive of your relationship with Baylee and even got his own cat, Max!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

I did notice that you referred to your BF as your fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] and I though, whoa, I missed something here. Thank you for the official announcement and

Congratulations!!!

Also, your fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] is a good guy in my book since he's been very supportive of your relationship with Baylee and even got his own cat, Max!
Ha ha, glad you approve! And yes, his being a cat person makes him a good guy in my book!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shawn90801

Congrats Ari!
I am sooooo excited for you!
Thanks, I'm excited for me too!

Except I just found out that I got engaged on the same day as Christina Aguilera.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Thanks, I'm excited for me too!

Except I just found out that I got engaged on the same day as Christina Aguilera.
Don't worry, you'll be celebrating anniversaries long after she's moved on to dh2.0 and 3.0....

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't worry, you'll be celebrating anniversaries long after she's moved on to dh2.0 and 3.0....
Ha ha, glad to know I'm not the only person that was thinking that!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Congratulations Ariana!
Thanks Sam! You're coming to the wedding right?

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari, I am SUCH a dork. I can't believe you had to pm me to look at this thread.
A million trillion apologies my friend, but, though they are belated, I send my most heartfelt...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am so very excited for you! And your ring is gorgeous. I love that it's so simple--I have a very simple ring too. I think simple rings are so elegant.

I had trouble getting used to wearing my ring as well. When I first got it, I used to take it off all the time to do stuff, because it felt weird. But now I only take it off to shower or wash dishes. The turning point came when I realized I was waking up a billion times a night and feeling around on my nightstand for it because I was afraid the Nathan Cat was going to swallow it while I was sleeping.
It was easier to just keep it on all the time.

Trust me, you will appreciate having a long engagement. We got engaged in August 2004 and are getting married on October 1, 2005 and it has taken some of the pressure off in planning.

Again, so many congratulations to you!

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yup...and the first time someone said thank you "mrs." I stuttered in reply, because it was just so...odd...me? Mrs??
thats the part I cant get used to...being a Mrs!!! coming back to work and having everything different-my email, my log ons--soooo crazy!! but I love it
I finally got my SS card changed just a few weeks ago (I'd had my drivers liscense changed since the week after the wedding...just couldn't bring myself to go to the social security office too!!)

But, we had a year and 8 months to plan--a pretty long engagement and I got a lot of crap from people about that length--but screw them all
we needed that much time! and I had a lot of fun with it because it was so much less stress

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SharonKay

thats the part I cant get used to...being a Mrs!!! coming back to work and having everything different-my email, my log ons--soooo crazy!! but I love it
I finally got my SS card changed just a few weeks ago (I'd had my drivers liscense changed since the week after the wedding...just couldn't bring myself to go to the social security office too!!)

But, we had a year and 8 months to plan--a pretty long engagement and I got a lot of crap from people about that length--but screw them all
we needed that much time! and I had a lot of fun with it because it was so much less stress
And your wedding looks gorgeous - I guess you DID need that extra time! The few pictures I've seen... wow! I could never do anything remotely that impressive!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Conga-rats on the engagement!

Are you going to do it Meet the Parents-style and have one of your kitties serve as ring bearer?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lord Ariana, how did I miss this thread?!

Congrats Girl!
Have fun planning and don't make yourself nuts (or bankrupt) doing so!

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

And your wedding looks gorgeous - I guess you DID need that extra time! The few pictures I've seen... wow! I could never do anything remotely that impressive!
nah...we just called in a LOT of favors
one of the benefits of having artsy and dramatic friends and family is that you can take advantage of their talents!!! :-)

thats definitely my advice for all wedding planning--exhaust your own connections and think outside the box

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SharonKay

nah...we just called in a LOT of favors
one of the benefits of having artsy and dramatic friends and family is that you can take advantage of their talents!!! :-)

thats definitely my advice for all wedding planning--exhaust your own connections and think outside the box
That's a great tip
I had one of my favorite songs, sung by two friends who are professional musicians...it was exquisite, and such a gift to me by them

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Lord Ariana, how did I miss this thread?!

Congrats Girl!
Have fun planning and don't make yourself nuts (or bankrupt) doing so!
Is that even possible?
I've already made myself nuts!

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

That's a great tip
I had one of my favorite songs, sung by two friends who are professional musicians...it was exquisite, and such a gift to me by them
YEP! His step mom played the cello, our friends (professional musicians!!) sang..even my 85 year old grandfather sang (its family tradition--he has sung the lords prayer for all of the grandchildren's weddings)

and it means so much more to have the people you care about there being a part of your day