I have a face nibbler on my hands

nightwriter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My gorgeous little furball, Willow, has a bad habit of biting my face at night when I sleep, purring the whole time. She is 7.5 months old, so still young :)

She ONLY does it to me, not my husband, who enjoys full nights of sleep beside me.

I have searched this site when the problem first started, and know they could be considered love bites.....but when I am sleeping?! :(

I really want her to sleep with us, so for me, kicking her out of the bedroom isn't an option.

I have tried:

- the 'hunt, kill, eat' method, which she loves but she still doesn't sleep through the night
- ignoring her
- hissing at her
- telling her no
- distracting her with a toy (she worked out where I was hiding them, and it got to the point where I would reach for one and realise she has already taken them, cheeky bugger)
- picking her up and putting her off the bed
- scuffing her and putting her off the bed

I am not sure what else I can try! She is a stubborn little minx.

Any suggestions?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes it just could be the face cream you use. I have a cat , San, that seems to love the taste of OFF Mosquito repellant. Everytime I put it on, he will lick away. Tried everything you enumerated and he just will not stop. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nightwriter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Interesting!! Well I have washed my face with water and put no moisturiser on.......let's see what happens tonight!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my mickey (rip) would bite my nose and earlobe starting when he was a kitten. what i did was to tell him, 'gentle nibblins, mommy only likes gentle nibblins' every time he'd bite  -- and he bit hard, snapped. after not too long, mickey learned to nibble gently on my nose and earlobes. and he continued to gently nibble for really the rest of his life. many times in his adult years, he'd only pretty much put his open mouth against the tip of my nose. i found this very endearing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nightwriter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try? She has taken to latching on with her bites now