i have a confession..

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please, please forgive yourself! Life is not perfect, and sometimes we have to make hard choices. I recently took Freckles to prevent him from being in a similar situation. A woman I work with was moving in with her boyfriend, and he told her that she could only take 2 of her 3 cats. This was a horrible choice for her children. I can't believe someone would be that insensitive! Being an older cat, Freckles probably wouldn't have a high chance of being adopted from a shelter. She also got rid of her dog and is thinking of declawing the 2 cats she kept. It won't suprise me if she comes back in a few weeks looking for homes for the other cats.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 16 my then boyfriend's dad offered me a cat which his own x-gf had left in his care (she had to move abroad and the gave him the cat on condition he would take care of it and give it all the love and attention it was used to. In return he got free holidays to usa ans 'favors' from his x).

The cat was locked outside always, starving, scrawny, matted fur as it was a pedigree persian and had turned feral from living on the streets.

I said no as i was terrified of it. it used to bite and claw anyone who came near it except me whose lap it used to sit on. I was to scared to even stroke it, i just used to sit there ridged with fear until it got bored and went away.

I feel so guilty now as that cat is either yet another feral or dead and feel so bad that when it turned to me for a small comfort in its miserable life i was too scared to even hug it.