I have a 8 week old kitten and she wont use the litter box

Jacoport

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a week old kitten 3 days ago and im having a hard time getting her to use the litter box and she is peeing and pooping around the house any tips would be great

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi am I reading this right? One week old? Or is your title more correct, that she's 8 weeks old.
Either way, can you contain her to one room, she's way too small to be out plus it'll help with cleaning up.

Please look at this website, both for what you need to feed as well as what to do for elimination.

Kitten Care - Home — Kitten Lady

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
There are numerous reasons. The kind of litter,the location,the box,if it has tops she may not like that,how ooften is it scooped, is the litter scened,, aretheir distractions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jacoport

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi am I reading this right? One week old? Or is your title more correct, that she's 8 weeks old.
Either way, can you contain her to one room, she's way too small to be out plus it'll help with cleaning up.

Please look at this website, both for what you need to feed as well as what to do for elimination.

Kitten Care - Home — Kitten Lady
Shes 8 weeks and i had done that last night and she used the litter box thank you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, keeping her confined to a smaller area definitely helps until she is a little older. It takes a while. Use non-clumping litter until she is older too, kittens eat litter sometimes and it can really hurt them if it is clumping. you can bring her out when you can watch her. She'll learn quickly, cats are smart, she is just too young. bless you for adopting her!