I hate Yellow Flies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh AmberThe Bobcat please make sure you never come to visit here with your spiders
You can keep them all for you plesure
. I am sorry but this kind of spiders has not my name on it .

I rather take the yellow flie bite and wont complain any more

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Hows it doing today anyway Heidi? Any better?
Thanks squirtle I am doing much better . It is still red and swollen , but it is not hurting any more
And I could go to work and make some money
. My friend Iris , I am working for on Mondays , was 7 times stung or do you say she was bit ? by a hores flie
. Her leg just look like my bite and really swollen , she also got it in her arms too and was in pain there . And she had to use her arm the hole day long today , bless her heart . She owns a hair salon and so really can not miss a day
. Well I help where I could , washing hair , taking out the curles and all that stuff . I do that any way when I work there mondays , but today I help a little more
. I sure hope she is doing better by tomorrow , that poor thing .

Gosh I really hate those nasty stingy flies , no matter what they are called .

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It tears me up when people criticise other peoples pets like this. John likes his spiders! It's his business, don't go putting him down because of it. BTW John I'm very interested in spiders as well, I'd never own one(cos of the cats and plus there are none in NZ, like that) but they are interesting to look at! Good on you.

Hedi, I'm glad you're feeling better. The only flys I know of are absolutely harmless, although I dislike them because they try and get into the food. I hope they don't get your pets.

Hugs!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

It tears me up when people criticise other peoples pets like this. John likes his spiders! It's his business, don't go putting him down because of it. BTW John I'm very interested in spiders as well, I'd never own one(cos of the cats and plus there are none in NZ, like that) but they are interesting to look at! Good on you.

Hedi, I'm glad you're feeling better. The only flys I know of are absolutely harmless, although I dislike them because they try and get into the food. I hope they don't get your pets.

Hugs!
Whoa! I was not criticizing him one little bit, I was teasing him, playfully. I would never, EVER criticize someone for the type of pet they have. I didn't ever put him down either. I was posting pics of the spiders and even thought the blue one looked cool. I only talked about how scared I am of them....I also said they were interesting... John did you take offense to me?

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Hugs!
Thank you Sam

Sam I hope you did not think I did want to criticise John in any way . I was only teasing him and I hope "Amber the Bobcat" will see this and respont . I am sorry if I was hurting any body's feeling in any way

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I didn't think anyone was criticizing me for having spiders as pets
I know that a lot of people are down right freaked out by bugs in general, let alone a big hairy spider. But, Wellington cats, thank you for watching out for me

You should hear the things some people say about me at work, when they see my wife and I go out to our favorite club to go dancing. It's a Goth club and you do get some looks when all 6'3" of me, dressed in black with a long black trench coat and a spiked collar, comes walking down the street

And, to make matters worse, I chase storms
and love roller coasters!
Hmmm, am I letting out to many of my secrets on here

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry John, but I beg to differ with you. A few months ago I got bit by a wolf spider. I couldn't walk on my leg for almost a week. It was pretty nasty- so it isn't just the black widow and the brown recluse to watch out for-

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I never heard anyone having trouble with wolf spiders, but I guess if you are somewhat allergic, they can give you problems. To me, a bee sting is harmless but to some, it can be deadly.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read about wolf spiders. It said that people can have very different reactions to their, and all spiders for that matter, bites. Some can swell up really bad and have nausea, vomiting etc. I guess it depends on the person. I read that while wolf spiders can't kill a person, a labrador (sp?) dog can die from just one bite! All this reading up on spiders is giving me the heebie jeebies!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Sorry John, but I beg to differ with you. A few months ago I got bit by a wolf spider. I couldn't walk on my leg for almost a week. It was pretty nasty- so it isn't just the black widow and the brown recluse to watch out for-
Hissy , you must have been lucky not ending up in the hospital . My gosh , that sure is scary . I am sure glad you are ok now .
And here I am complaining about a yellow flie bite