I hate Valentines day...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to apologize for my attitude in this thread, because I know I sounded bitter, and I was. Hubby and I had a huge fight that day and I knew I would be spending a miserable valentines day as a result of it...which I did...he didn't speak to me all day. But then Sunday morning he apologized for treating me so badly and told me how very much he loves me and how very sorry he was. Not sure if he didn't start a fight just to get out of getting me a gift, but oh well...it's over now. Maybe next year will be better.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, there are guys out there that really stink at buying anything for a woman, trust me, I think I've dated most of them! LOL!
Brad now he has his mom(and darn good taste to boot) to help him with all the sappy holidays! LOL! Maybe it was his way of getting out of giving you something, but in my book, you deserve a bouquet of Roses for him being a typical guy to you! Get on your high horse girl! you call the shots not him! I know you're a fantastic girl and he should know it also. That just irritates me tht he was mean to you especially on the one day he should've at least attempted to give you something.
Ya know what girl, your man has become blind to how good you are and that's sad for him. of course we all realize it so please don't think that you didn't get anything, cause at least we luv ya enough to send you luv yas. poop on him, we luv ya and darn it, that's all that matters!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Barb, you are a sweetheart! Thanks! *HUGS*

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw this thread also.

Its a year gone valentines day that my boyfriend finally left the area. We split up 2 weeks before the 14th, and i do still miss him.

But, i did get a valentines card!!!.

Another member on a cat website here in the UK sent all of us girls a picture of a valentines card with all 5 of her fur babies names on the bottom!. It made my day.

Susan

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For what its worth, I think I may be glad that Hallmark doesn't make " Sometimes I want to kill you,but I still love you" cards.....I probably would receive one of them myself !

Cindy

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby I feel just like you. Our relationship is at a particularly low point, and for a few weeks it got better when we talked things out, but hubby started a stupid row, I reacted, and for the last 10 days it's been rather 'icy' in our house.

Valentine was a heap of crap. Our Au Pair was asking where we were going in the evening and I had to make up some nonsense about not celebrating it, when even a card would have been nice.

Stuff him anyway . . . expect nothing and you won't be disappointed is my moto from now on.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amen Yola! I think that should be my moto, too!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a really sad motto to live by while in a relationship. I can only hope it's a temporary one for anybody who has to live with such endless disappointment. "Ask for nothing, and you most certainly will get it."

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Hydroaxe
That sounds like a really sad motto to live by while in a relationship. I can only hope it's a temporary one for anybody who has to live with such endless disappointment. "Ask for nothing, and you most certainly will get it."
Endless diappointment is something I have learned to live with in this relationship. You get used to it, though.

duncansdaddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A freind of mine and I, who were both sans Valentines this year, decided that we would celebrate Single Awareness Day instead. We went to dinner and even got each other condolance cards. It was great fun!!