I Hate Shopping!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a smaller Super Wal-Mart on our side of town. I don't mind going to this one. It's not usually as crazy as the one up by the mall. My MIL says the one up by the mall is bigger and has better selection, but it's just not worth it. Target is up by the mall too, so since we moved I haven't shopped there much. Wal-Mart, Shopko, and Kmart are all closer.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an angry thread! I love shopping and Walmart

There are so many things to buy there
It is very crowded though..but it gets me in teh Christmas spirit. Christmas isn't Christmas without a crowded Walmart trip

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shop Walmart all the time, customer sevice is terrible, but I find that at most stores, Canadian tire has the worst service I have seen any where. I love shopping, I find that at Christmas time, shoppers tend to be very rude and pushy, and a lot of staff at very impatient. At Costco a few days ago, my 16 year old daughter accidently, light bumped a ladies cart. She apologized immediately, the lady started screaming at her, calling her a brain dead idiot. and told her if she didn't move , she would ram the cart up her #$@. I was an aisle away, by the time my daughter got to me, tears were streaming down her face, I tried to find this lady but she was gone.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I hate Wal-mart, but at least that employee tried to find the answer for you, which is more than I can say for most people in our Wal-mart. I know a few people who have worked at wal-mart and it is common to move things. I guess its so people will go and search for them and see other things they "want" to buy. Makes no sense to me.
It makes no sense to YOU, Calico, but it makes plenty of sense to Wal-Mart. And that's exactly part of why they do move stuff around: so you'll see something else you just have to have, or need.
You hit the nail right on the head!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I HATE walmart too!
We have several in our area, and every last one of them is filled with rude workers for the most part. The people that work there for the majority are rude, and do not want to help you when you have a question for them, no matter how polite you may be.
Again, I'm not defending Wal-Mart or the employees: a lot of the people who do work there are rude. But I'll tell you something: nine out of the ten employees who work there weren't that way till after they started working there.
Until you actually work there, you have no idea just how much stress each employee is under - not only from the management, but also from the customers. They treat you like
, and you work like a dog and get paid lousy wages, and half the time you're lucky if you get your breaks or lunches, b/c they're always "understaffed." Plus you have the added fun of being told you're "stupid, lazy, an idiot, don't know what you're doing, blah, blah, blah" by welfare abusing customers who won't even work for a living. I can't even begin to tell you how horrid it is to work there. It's by no means easy, dealing w/ that - day in and day out. If you're not a rude person before you start working there, chances are you will be by the time you leave...

Also, a lot of times when an employee won't answer your question, it's not necessarily b/c they don't want to, but b/c they just don't know the answer. Wal-Mart gives little or no training, and basically just throws you out there, and expects you to know what you're doing when you have no idea..

I'm not trying to excuse anyone's behavior. I'm just saying that you can't know how it is, till you've walked in someone else's shoes.

~KK~

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate Wal*Mart, but at the same time, it's so convenient and priced well. But there are some crazies that work at the ones around here (that's right, I said "ones" ... we have two within 5 miles of our house.)

I went looking for a wall calendar yesterday as well and had a heck of a time finding one! Rob finally spotted one resting on the bottom shelf of an aisle and we grabbed that one.

Some of the customers are so rude as well. I was about to be rung up for my stuff, and this guy comes barging up and plops his 12 pack of beer on the counter and PUSHES my stuff back towards me!! The cashier & I looked at him like "are you for real???" Then she told him he better say excuse me or something, since she was about to ring up my items. He figured because his g/f was standing there (and had already paid for her stuff), that he could just hop 10 people ahead and go.
He ended up going to another line, and the cashier was hoping that the other one would card him, because he didn't look a day over 17, either. Some people, ergh!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

Walmart, I am convinced, is where all the evil, most slimy, horrible people congregate to make your life more and more miserable. . .

I hate that place. . .
They cater to those kind of people - that's why they congregate there. Wal-Mart doesn't care where or whom they get their money from, just as long as they get it. You won't see Sears or JCPenny or even Target allow those people to shop in their stores..

I myself am convinced that Wal-Mart is the devil in disguise..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

At Costco a few days ago, my 16 year old daughter accidently, light bumped a ladies cart. She apologized immediately, the lady started screaming at her, calling her a brain dead idiot. and told her if she didn't move , she would ram the cart up her #$@.
That's how the employess at Wal-Mart get treated by some of the customers, every single day!

~KK~

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminded me of last week's trip to Wal*Mart. Someone threw up EVERYWHERE in the women's bathroom. All over the walls, floor, paper towel holder, sink, etc. (All I noticed before I
outta there!!!!) They paged for someone to come clean it at least 3 times, and when I left, it was still disgusting (you could still see the trail leading into the bathroom. All they did was put a "Wet Floor" sign up).

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Canadian tire has the worst service I have seen any where.
That's why we call it Cr***y Tire.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canadian Tire is one of my favourite stores to shop at. I've never had a problem with customer service or any of the employees there.

On Wednesday I'm venturing to another Walmart. Hopefully it's not as junky as the other one.

I wanted to buy a glass meatload dish, but the one I saw looked too small. Apparently it's the same size as the one I have so now I'm going back to buy it, I also saw advertised a loofah shower mitt which the other store was sold out of.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

That reminded me of last week's trip to Wal*Mart. Someone threw up EVERYWHERE in the women's bathroom. All over the walls, floor, paper towel holder, sink, etc. (All I noticed before I
outta there!!!!) They paged for someone to come clean it at least 3 times, and when I left, it was still disgusting (you could still see the trail leading into the bathroom. All they did was put a "Wet Floor" sign up).
If you think that's bad, you haven't seen the worst of it! I've seen things that are so disgusting I don't want to post if on a public board: it would make you sick!

They probably couldn't get anyone to clean the mess up b/c the maintenance crew probably called in sick! Now THERE'S a job you couldn't pay me enough to do..

I won't use the Wal-Mart restrooms - not unless I really have no choice - b/c of all the disgusting things I've seen.

~KK~

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe if we treated Wal-Mart employees better, they'd treat us better?
Just a thought... a good friend of mine is a cashier there, and another good friend went for a job interview there today.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

They cater to those kind of people - that's why they congregate there. Wal-Mart doesn't care where or whom they get their money from, just as long as they get it. You won't see Sears or JCPenny or even Target allow those people to shop in their stores..

I myself am convinced that Wal-Mart is the devil in disguise..

~KK~
Am I a slimy, useless person because I happen to shop there? :/

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Canadian Tire is one of my favourite stores to shop at. I've never had a problem with customer service or any of the employees there.
To be honest I don't have a problem with Canadian Tire except our CT has a cruddy auto selection and the employees at that section aren't that helpful.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I shop Walmart all the time, customer sevice is terrible, but I find that at most stores, Canadian tire has the worst service I have seen any where. I love shopping, I find that at Christmas time, shoppers tend to be very rude and pushy, and a lot of staff at very impatient. At Costco a few days ago, my 16 year old daughter accidently, light bumped a ladies cart. She apologized immediately, the lady started screaming at her, calling her a brain dead idiot. and told her if she didn't move , she would ram the cart up her #$@. I was an aisle away, by the time my daughter got to me, tears were streaming down her face, I tried to find this lady but she was gone.
Ah, yes. The holiday spirit. People get really grouchy and stressed out. I will never forget an incident in a Michael's craft store a couple years ago. The cashier - a young man who definitely was differently challenged - wasn't moving FAST enough for the woman he was ringing up. He was being deliberate with it, careful. She started to berate him - she was sooooo nasty. And loud. The poor guy was flustered and humiliated. I told my cashier if someone doesn't stop quickly that I was going to go over there and say something. Right then the manager - who had noticed what was going on - stepped in. Sheesh.

Forget shopping on weekends during this time of the year. I have gotten most of my gifts online, even if there IS a shipping charge, what is my sanity worth to me? Not to mention the price of gas!

Oh, and I weigh in on the "not a fan of WalMart" side. Sorry!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Am I a slimy, useless person because I happen to shop there? :/
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yes yes you are..and I am too I guess
I'm not saying that everyone who shops there is a useless, slimy person.
I know a lot of people who also shop there who are very decent, lovely human beings.
But the majority of the customers are just plain rude, selfish, nasty morons.
Take a look around the next time you go there...

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference a location makes!

I went to Walmart again today, but to a different store.

The store was actually neat and clean. There was store staff there to help. I found everything I was looking for including calendars which were in the stationary department right where they should be
!

I bought the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It's been my tradition the last few years to buy a DVD and spend New Years even curled up on the couch with a glass of wine, some popcorn and a good movie.