I hate it when people steal!!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Seems like there's probably a serial number on those cards... maybe the hospital can have Macy's ID who uses it...?
Originally Posted by abbycats

You may be able to report it stolen to Macys if your company has record of the number on the gift card that was given to you. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Your workplace probably does keep track of the serial numbers on the cards that they give out, for accounting purposes. You might be able to find out the number, and have Macy's flag the account. If they are able to track it down, I would look into prosecuting the individual who took it, and tried to use it!

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it helps you feel better my friend photocopied her greencard like 1 year ago in the supermarket and she forgot the card in the photocopy machine.

When she came back asking for it nobody helped her and the management said they don't keep things there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Well of course I would not like it if someone stole something from me. And I'd be angry, but I would not get that upset about it. After all its only something material and when we leave this earth, we won't be taking any of this with us
It is only material, but when it happens on more than one occassion it really gets to be very irritating and disrespectful. It is also not something I tolerate when an item is stolen that is irreplacable. Some of the items that were stolen in the past from our house is the reason why I will never forgive what was done and they will be sorry if it ever happens again.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got these cool pink-shaded safety glasses they gave me at work. But apparently they aren't giving them to just anyone (my old yellow-shaded ones were falling apart, so I asked for new ones). I take them home, because they're desirable and there is no way to lock the "personal drawer" in the lab! Stuff has vanished there before (especially the colored Sharpies we use on our sample labels).

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soryr to hear that sabrina, people are so mean.

There was this girl who i thought i was friends with, she came over on the monday night i had left $70 on the desk, for a 15 year old that is sure a lot of money, the next day she came over again and we wanted to go out, i realised my money wasnt there.
This girl never had more than $20 on her, she had the exact notes in her wallet like it was on my desk. She claimed her parents gave her the money to buy new bikinis. I knew this wasnt true.

My mother as revenge left $5 on another desk. She was over on the saturday, as we were about to leave my mum went to check and it was sure gone, she grabbed the girl and made her return the money, she claimed she thought it was hers. My mum being strong minded went to her parents house but as she was drunk, the scene got a little ugly and the girls family called the police. My mum was fuming and told me to never hang out with the girl and that she was not welcome back at our house again.

That girl wants to be friends again, and now has kids. I wouldnt let her into my home again though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I'm soryr to hear that sabrina, people are so mean.

There was this girl who i thought i was friends with, she came over on the monday night i had left $70 on the desk, for a 15 year old that is sure a lot of money, the next day she came over again and we wanted to go out, i realised my money wasnt there.
This girl never had more than $20 on her, she had the exact notes in her wallet like it was on my desk. She claimed her parents gave her the money to buy new bikinis. I knew this wasnt true.

My mother as revenge left $5 on another desk. She was over on the saturday, as we were about to leave my mum went to check and it was sure gone, she grabbed the girl and made her return the money, she claimed she thought it was hers. My mum being strong minded went to her parents house but as she was drunk, the scene got a little ugly and the girls family called the police. My mum was fuming and told me to never hang out with the girl and that she was not welcome back at our house again.

That girl wants to be friends again, and now has kids. I wouldnt let her into my home again though.
Oh Fran...I'm so sorry. That is awful. Especially if you were friends to begin with. I wouldn't let her back in either.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had chocolate stolen from my lunch bag at work. There are 3 companies in my building that uses the refridgerators. I have had 2 or 3 mini 100 grand bars stolen and a half eaten kitkat bar! I was tempted to melt down some chocolate ex-lax and form a "gormet' chocolate bar but I didn't want to be accused of trying to poison someone. The person that stole the chocolate was probably in the cell phone company. The people they hire are thugs and crooks by the looks of them. One girl actually wore pajamas and slippers to work!

But it sure would have been funny to see that person try to run to the bathroom and have it be "closed"

Sorry you got your giftcard stolen. I would report it and see if they can put a stop on it.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum had her easter egg stolen from the office at work this year, as every single person was given an egg as a small token of thanks...

What happened was mum had a Saturday off due to family visiting, and she knew she had an egg waiting for her at work ready for when she returned. The following work day, she went into the office to collect it, and someone had taken it! She asked the Manager and the Nurses whether they had seen it, or at least someone else take it, and they said no, but mum knew that one of the Carers must have because they have done it before with certain equipment...even I know that from when I was working there what they can be like.

In the end my mum reported it missing, and the Manager never did replace it.