I hate buying horses..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Billy had a gorgeous body - nice! Gee...I think we could easily turn this into a horse lovers forum
LOL well they do say horses and other critters go hand in hand

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Hehe..yup the bottom sure did fall out of the market like a rock of course its the middle ground breeders that are suffering the high dollar still command the high dollar... Ah well..lol I love em no matter what
Yep, a friend I had (I've lost touch) had an Arab that she'd been trying to sell (This would've been 25 or so years ago) and I remember her telling me it was "...easier to sell a horse for $10,000 than one for $1000." In many ways I think that still holds true, although you can add probably at least 50% to those amounts!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Billy had a gorgeous body - nice! Gee...I think we could easily turn this into a horse lovers forum
I think you're right. As an aside I used to hang around motorcycle forums quite a bit as I took up motorcycling a couple of years ago (I'm thinking of quitting and selling the bike now, but that's another story) and it was simply AMAZING the number of lady riders who were presently horse people, ex-horse people (like me) or horse people wannabes. Not sure what the connection was but I thought it interesting. At least you can kinda tell what the connection is between horses and other critters!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

Yep, a friend I had (I've lost touch) had an Arab that she'd been trying to sell (This would've been 25 or so years ago) and I remember her telling me it was "...easier to sell a horse for $10,000 than one for $1000." In many ways I think that still holds true, although you can add probably at least 50% to those amounts!
Yup its very true. Although I have to say I have gotten some nice horses for that amount. Or so. But it is much easier to sell the high dollar one. Ah well. Someday I will buy me a Ventura Farms baby, until than I have a grand daughter

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to work at an Arabian breeding farm. They also showed in halter and dressage. Man, I really miss it! I learned so much. I have been a horse lover ever since I can remember and have ridden most of my life. Unformtunately, I suffered from a broken hip a few years ago in a car accident, and since then have only ridden once (and I absolutely did not wait long enough to do so- it was so painful!). I've really been wanting to get back into it, and my urgency to do so has been increasing by leaps and bounds. I warned my husband that as soon as I was done with school, we are going to purchase at least one. I love Arabians. They are very special to me. If I had a ton of money, I would have purchased 3 of the many at the breeding farm I worked at. Those babies I worked with were very expensive, though. My absolute favorite, Phanton Elegance (wow, talk about beautiful) has probably won someone a ton of money in Halter shows. She was everything anyone could dream of in an Arab. At the time I worked there, she was 2, and her selling price was $75,000. Yeah, just a smidge out of my price range!
But it was a blast, and I learned a ton. I miss it, and you with your own horses, take a moment to realize how fortunate you really are! They are such amazing animals!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of Arabians, a friend of mine has begun a breeding program to be part of the conservation effort for the Davenport strain. They are gorgeous!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bossinova

I used to work at an Arabian breeding farm. They also showed in halter and dressage. Man, I really miss it! I learned so much. I have been a horse lover ever since I can remember and have ridden most of my life. Unformtunately, I suffered from a broken hip a few years ago in a car accident, and since then have only ridden once (and I absolutely did not wait long enough to do so- it was so painful!). I've really been wanting to get back into it, and my urgency to do so has been increasing by leaps and bounds. I warned my husband that as soon as I was done with school, we are going to purchase at least one. I love Arabians. They are very special to me. If I had a ton of money, I would have purchased 3 of the many at the breeding farm I worked at. Those babies I worked with were very expensive, though. My absolute favorite, Phanton Elegance (wow, talk about beautiful) has probably won someone a ton of money in Halter shows. She was everything anyone could dream of in an Arab. At the time I worked there, she was 2, and her selling price was $75,000. Yeah, just a smidge out of my price range!
But it was a blast, and I learned a ton. I miss it, and you with your own horses, take a moment to realize how fortunate you really are! They are such amazing animals!
Thank you. I count my horses as blessings everyday. I truly do. Just seems to be haveing bad luck lately with horse people. I know its not the animals fault
..psst you may wanna tell your hubby, lol I have a lovely little mare (the grey in my sig) who will be foaling sometime next year for a 3/4ths Arabian hehe....i am bad lol

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Speaking of Arabians, a friend of mine has begun a breeding program to be part of the conservation effort for the Davenport strain. They are gorgeous!
OH lovely Strain! Truly is..but me *HUGS HER ALADA BASKIN*

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw your new horse's pic, I thought "beautiful head". I have 2 quarterhorses and a pinto pony. But for beauty I go for an arab or a hafflinger.

Good luck getting your new baby. I hope they didn't scare her too bad!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

When I saw your new horse's pic, I thought "beautiful head". I have 2 quarterhorses and a pinto pony. But for beauty I go for an arab or a hafflinger.

Good luck getting your new baby. I hope they didn't scare her too bad!
Thanks. She is a beauty and has the arabian head I love. Not the extreme some are breeding for now, the nice classic

Yeah I hope they didnt either. I know I am going to have a long road of work with her when I want to load her...but I will be working with her. Latest word on the hauling, she wants to have the vet tranq her.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update. Yup Still no horse. Dont think she called the hauler. Tranqed the horse. Still couldnt get her in the trailer. So now the horse will be TWICE as hard. For when the professional I hire goes. Because she has now Twice won.

What makes me mad, is 8:30PM i called and wanted an update since i hadnt heard a word. She said they were still trying. I said ok well I am at the barn call my cell phone and let me know (ps I have been at the barn since 8am this morning)

10:15 rolls around still no call..fine. I go home. Theres a mssg from 9:10pm on my HOME PHONE..from the sellers MOM. Not the seller. The sellers MOM! to call.

Its now 11pm..I call anyways. I am mad. and feel like being rude all i get is "oh well we couldnt get her to load" oh for crine out load how hard is it?!

So i said "alright, whatever I will let your daughter (the seller) know when I am able to contact a hauler and give her the info" GRR i am beyond peeved right now.