I had to giggle!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I gave up long time ago. I don't pick them up but kick them aside. I tell visitors they're part of the decor!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Susan, I know the feeling!!

I spend most of my time walking in, out and through toys!! Cats make a lot more mess - spreading their toys around - than furless kids, as they can get under the bed/cabinet etc a lot easier!!

My parents are still finding toys at their house from when I stayed for ten months and the Christmas presents joined them - poor people, they look like they have invisible cats!!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaspers Mummy

yes cat toy disapirances are very strange
some days I think the alians must have come and taken them
Perhaps these are the same aliens who collect odd socks. . .

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep.....having 5 cats and an 11 year old daughter who is a pig.....I'm always picking up stuff off the floor.

I used to have a dog (a Sheltie) who had tons of toys. I bought a big basket and put all the toys in there. I then taught HIM how to pick up his toys and put them in the basket. He'd do it too! I'd say, "Pick up your toys and put them in the basket," and he'd run around and pick up all his toys.

I sure wish I could teach my kitties to do the same! Whenever I tell them to pick up their toys....they just look at me like...."Yeah right....I'm a cat...I don't do housework!"

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

I used to have a dog (a Sheltie) who had tons of toys. I bought a big basket and put all the toys in there. I then taught HIM how to pick up his toys and put them in the basket. He'd do it too! I'd say, "Pick up your toys and put them in the basket," and he'd run around and pick up all his toys.
The big joke in my family is how, when I was a kid, my mother tried to teach our dog to put his toys away in a little box in the corner. He never learned. He just sat there looking at her with his head tilted to one side--you know that doggie look? The one that says, "Hey, I wonder what the silly human is saying?"
My mother says he learned half of the task--taking his toys out of the box!