I had to aggressively grab my cat. Will he forgive me?

luvva2233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, ive recently posted about bringing a new cat home and fearing that my resident cat will not like him. Ive been keeping them apart, and taking the introduction process reaaaally slow until my resident cat, Karma gets neutered. Anyway, today my grandma came to visit unannounced, and walked into my room where the base camp for my new cat Ozai is. When she opened the door, my resident cat Karma bolted in and chased Ozai out after trying to attack him. Naturally, i ran after them, and grabbed the first cat i could reach as fast as i could which so happened to be Ozai, who is still getting to know me and is still not too sure about me. I guess my question is, will Ozai forgive me? He’s a very sweet cat and he warmed up to me quite quickly after the long drive from the shelter, but i’m scared now that he will forever be frightened of me after this exchange. i’m sorry if its a ridiculous question, i’m just very anxious and love my cats so much i want nothing more than for both of them to love and trust me. Ive put him in my father’s room, where he can calm down and stay warm instead of the cold living room, and i’m thinking of just moving him there, where the territory is neutral and Karma doesnt really have any interest in being to avoid this happening again.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes your cat will forgive and forget. Give him a day or two and I'm sure he'll be back to getting pet's and cuddles off you. Cat's don't hold grudges and a few treats normally brings them round. And it's certainly not a ridiculous question, it shows just how caring you are about your fur babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvva2233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes your cat will forgive and forget. Give him a day or two and I'm sure he'll be back to getting pet's and cuddles off you. Cat's don't hold grudges and a few treats normally brings them round. And it's certainly not a ridiculous question, it shows just how caring you are about your fur babies.
Thank you i feel so much better 🥺

luvva2233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
L luvva2233 : It's been several hours since you posted, how's Ozai doing now?
Hello, Ozai is doing okay as far as he’s eating and using his litterbox. He just hides as soon as i open the door to replenish his food. I think it’ll be a while before he stops being scared

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, Ozai is doing okay as far as he’s eating and using his litterbox. He just hides as soon as i open the door to replenish his food. I think it’ll be a while before he stops being scared
Eating and using the litter box are the most important. As for being scared, I guess maybe since he's new to your home, it will take a bit more time. TCS has some articles, though, that might have some tips for you. Here are a couple links. Your cats are both gorgeous, btw.

14 Cat Experts Reveal: How To Get A Cat To Like Me | TheCatSite
How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? [Answered] - TheCatSite

luvva2233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eating and using the litter box are the most important. As for being scared, I guess maybe since he's new to your home, it will take a bit more time. TCS has some articles, though, that might have some tips for you. Here are a couple links. Your cats are both gorgeous, btw.

14 Cat Experts Reveal: How To Get A Cat To Like Me | TheCatSite
How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? [Answered] - TheCatSite
Yes i’m okay with him still being a little spooked of me as long as its not effecting his wellbeing. Thank you for the articles and thank you for the compliment they're very appreciated 😊