I had my gallbladder removed yesterday.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear this. Follow the discharge instructions and if you have anything that needs to be seen about--don't hesitate to call the doctor's office!!

Rest and recup!

C

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww hun, so sorry that you are feeling crappy after the op, sending you lots of vibes and hugs to help you with your recovery.xx

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing now, Alison? I hope you're feeling tons better; please take care of yourself.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you are feeling better real soon!

I had my gallbladder removed in March 2004. Mine also was done laproscopy. It was the first surgery (and only surgery) I have ever had. I was only off work 2 weeks.

To me, the pain from the surgery was far less than the pain I had before the surgery from the gallbladder disease.

Just beware of the "flushes" you will soon experience. Be careful what you eat and don't eat a lot of greasy or spicy foods. You may have to go to the bathroom a lot if you do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so appreciate all of the support and vibes I've received from everyone
. Your experiences, too, have been a tremendous help as they have shown me that I am not alone...

Recovery has been difficult. I had my appendix out in November 2009 and the pain I experienced during recovery then was nothing compared to how I've felt as I've gone through this. I had my gallbladder out on Monday and yesterday was the first day that I was able to stand up straight. The incisional pain, for the most part, is nearly gone. Of the 5 incisions, only two are still painful -- the others are just tender. However, the air that they pumped into my abdomen when performing the surgery is still causing me quite a bit of discomfort. And, I will spare you the details of my intestinal issues since having my gallbladder out. But, let me say that they do seem to be improving every day. And, for that, I am grateful. As of now, my biggest hurdle seems to be fatigue. I know that, as each day passes, I will get stronger, but I am still sleeping for most of the day. But, it's a process. And, I'm much more thankful to be on this side of it than the other.

I don't want to harp on my surgery as I don't want to get caught feeling sorry for myself. But, I did want to give a brief update. Thank you to everyone, again, for your support, prayers, and vibes. They did help and continue to do so now...