I Had A Hectic 5 Months This Year

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well wanted to say 2018 was a bad year many trips to the vet this year think I spent 800 total on vets from the last 5 months and lost one cat to cancer. And almost lost aunt and mom to a car accident. Even had many Dr visit s. But at least I accomplished 30 doll outfits. Also made my first doll wig. I hope with the year ending that 2019 will be better

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry 2018 did not turn out better but hope you have a Happy & Healthy 2019. Fingers crossed for you and your family. :crossfingers:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that years end means an end to the troubles that you had to endure. I’m so sorry it was a very hard one for you. That was a lot to deal with. I hope a new year brings happy new beginnings for you!
I was very interested to read that you make doll outfits. 30 is a lot! I have made some here and there. A doll wig must have been quite a challenge! I wouldn’t know where to begin with that. I think that is amazing! Any photos? I’d love seeing what you make. Are the outfits for a specific type of doll? I have a doll collection that I saved for my daughter and when she was growing up she got some dolls we added to it. Mostly just one type of doll but she got a few others.I now have a friend out of state who makes doll outfits. I love seeing what she does too. All pretty little things. There’s just something about a special outfit for a doll that I still enjoy seeing! ;)
Have a great night! :) AND a great rest of the year +New Year!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I have pictures! Well seems I can't upload it but I have an Instagram do you want to see am I allowed to post it? I work with obitsu dolls and monster high I just don't do face ups

I hope that years end means an end to the troubles that you had to endure. I’m so sorry it was a very hard one for you. That was a lot to deal with. I hope a new year brings happy new beginnings for you!
I was very interested to read that you make doll outfits. 30 is a lot! I have made some here and there. A doll wig must have been quite a challenge! I wouldn’t know where to begin with that. I think that is amazing! Any photos? I’d love seeing what you make. Are the outfits for a specific type of doll? I have a doll collection that I saved for my daughter and when she was growing up she got some dolls we added to it. Mostly just one type of doll but she got a few others.I now have a friend out of state who makes doll outfits. I love seeing what she does too. All pretty little things. There’s just something about a special outfit for a doll that I still enjoy seeing! ;)
Have a great night! :) AND a great rest of the year +New Year!

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg! That is precious! Great photo! I am familiar with Monster High but not obitsu. Love to learn though. I know more about older types but my daughter had monster high. Do you make them for your own pleasure or is it a business? My friend does both. She sews for 1960 - 70 doll types. Some are modern style fashions and some more vintage looking. I love them all! She does some things based on Japanese styles and fabrics. I just dabbled in it when I had my daughter. Years ago I sewed professionally for humans but my love was really for doll clothes. Mattel once made exceptional doll clothing that was beautifully made in Japan but now individually made clothing can’t be topped! Do you sew on a standard machine? Very nicely made!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sew for myself . Obitsu is actually a Japanese made doll but cost 50 dollars for head and body I usually get two a year. I sew clothes that I see from anime that is made in Japan. I mostly use cheap fabric. I make anime dolls cause doll collecting is expensive in Japan it's around 150-250 ! So I am making mostly cosplay dolls. I sew by machine and hand!

Omg! That is precious! Great photo! I am familiar with Monster High but not obitsu. Love to learn though. I know more about older types but my daughter had monster high. Do you make them for your own pleasure or is it a business? My friend does both. She sews for 1960 - 70 doll types. Some are modern style fashions and some more vintage looking. I love them all! She does some things based on Japanese styles and fabrics. I just dabbled in it when I had my daughter. Years ago I sewed professionally for humans but my love was really for doll clothes. Mattel once made exceptional doll clothing that was beautifully made in Japan but now individually made clothing can’t be topped! Do you sew on a standard machine? Very nicely made!