I Guess this Makes it Official-

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell is gone. She was laid to rest in a forest grave and given the dignity that a cat like her deserved. To put into words all that she gave (to all she touched) while she was here would be difficult. Her mission continues on even in her death as she touched lives all over the world. People are pledging to make a difference, to reach out to the next abandoned stray they see in their yard or neighborhood- in her honor- in her name, and so Shell, I salute you and I thank you for choosing me to help tell your story. Your presence in my life for this last month has humbled and inspired me and I shall always, always love you

For those who might be in the dark about the Power of Shell, you can visit her story on my blog in my signature below. And I hope all of you, one day, find a cat such as Shell who can literally move mountains of ignorance and set people on the path of doing the right thing~

And although some of these photos below may look like this cat isn't in the world anymore, I must assure you- in these photos, she was very much alive.

Goodbye Sweet Girl thank you again for choosing me-It was such an honor to meet you~

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh MA, I am SO sorry to hear that Shell has lost her battle. Once again you have shown so much love and fought so hard for our precious ones. Shell was loved so much in her last days!
RIP Shell! You touched the hearts of so many!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I saw that thread locked, my heart fell to the floor. Then I bawled while I read your blog. I am so, so, sorry. Thank you for all you did, and continue to do, for these poor creatures.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My tears are back again. What a valliant fight you and Shell put up. Although it did not end like we all wanted it to, like you say she has touched so many.

I give my guys extra skritches in her name and because I am so happy to have them. The neglect she endured before you found her, was cancelled out when she felt the warmth of her favorite blanket, or her grooming sessions. Or those skritches she leaned into to absorb every loving stroke.

God bless you Maryann and that sweet little soul, who all too briefly, passed through this life here, now to spend eternity in the arms of angels.

Goodnight sweet little girl.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I, too, am crying again after reading your blog. I'm so, so sorry she didn't make it, but as you say, maybe she has paved the way for many more to be saved in the future.

Rest in peace, sweet, sweet, Shell

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am truly sorry for your loss of sweet Shell. She was blessed to have you and some love in her little life before her time to go to the Bridge.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA, you gave your sweet girl love and care such as she had not known, and a dignified departure and resting place that she couldn't have hoped for, but for you. She was a very special kitty and has had a profound impact on many people. I'm so sorry she lost her battle, but it was well fought, and she's at peace now.

RIP sweet Shell

for your great heart, MA

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im crying too... I lost my miss kitty last week and reading this brings back memory of another kitty i rescued a few years ago in a similar condition as shell.... RIP shell

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still can't read about Shell or see her pictures without blubbering like an idiot.
I don't know why her story touched me so profoundly, but I do know that I'll never forget her for as long as I live. She was an angel, and a true blessing to anyone who got to know her story. Her life was not in vain.

Rest peacefully, sweet Shell. You touched so many hearts and will always be remembered.

Bless you, MA, for giving Shell the only love she's ever known.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
It's amazing what they can share with everyone around them, even in such a short time. Shell was such a special little girl, and I'm sure it meant the world for her to have you in her corner until the end.

R.I.P
Shell

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
R.I.P Sweet Shell...you are so special...

Could someone post a link to the blog. I, for the life of me, can never find anyone's signature or the info contained in it...thank you so much.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hissy, I'm so sorry.
You gave her the dignity she deserved and your heart to heart moments with this kitty angel here on Earth I'm sure she cherished. Little Shell is now in a place of health, happiness and beauty - the Rainbow Bridge, a perfect place
Rest in peace, gorgeous Shell. Rest in peace

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she truly was a beautiful baby, bless her, and bless you for the love you gave her..she is in no more pain now! RIP sweet-faced Shell..

hissy, my sincerest sympathies to you..

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful Hissy!
Rest in peace and play happily above my little sweet.