I got this to show Cleo in

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to buy a show cage but I didn't. I am still thinking of buying one, the It'z A Breeze Too cage. I am just not sure if it is worth spending the money until I am sure that one of my cats will be showing frequently. I have been to about 4-5 shows but I stopped last year when Church was really grumpy at the last show and Roxy started to hiss in the judging cage(she was great at the first show but hissed at the second)...
Next weekend I am taking 2 of my kittens to a show and Roxy as well because she seems to be a lot more relaxed in public now. I was thinking of getting the show cage because I figured the kittens would be more comfortable if it was a cage from home, but I am not sure if I should wait and see if they like showing first.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nek - I kinda felt the same way, but I've been showing for more then 25 yrs and just now got a cage. When they first came out, they were out of my price range. I got mine on sale thru the net - about $100 with shipping and I like it a lot.

Even if you don't wind up showing a lot, it still can come in handy at home for isolating a cat for medical reasons, or to get a stool sample, so the money would not be wasted IMO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figure if Cleo does not like showing i will be getting another sphynx to show.
So to me it is worth it to get a cage.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree. Even though I am not showing either cat, it has come in quite handy as a sanctuary for Mons. He loves the hammock, plus when we need to, we can zip him up in there with his food and litterbox, which are always in there anyway for convenience. I am not made of money (in fact I am a college student/full time worker), but I still don't regret buying the product one bit. Besides, in the future when we get another cat, I'll just sanitize the cage, and use it for shows again. Very handy. Plus for Mons' first and last cat show (before we knew he had FIP), I had it buckled in the back seat. Kinda took up the whole back seat, but that's okay.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I was thinking it would come in handy for other things, but I do already have two soft-sided (dog) crates and a bunch of carriers...and wire/metal crates and cages...