I Got Paid Back Today...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
22angel: nice to hear another good story from Canada. I bet you find ways to help people in other areas of life.

Hissy: I loved your story too. -was glued to every paragraph. It sounds like the State of Oregon is chock full of generous and humble people. -very heartwarming.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were very brave! I have stopped and rolled my window down a couple inches and asked if they wanted to use my cell phone but would never have the courage to get out of the car!

noahsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hissy,

Your story not only brought tears to my eyes, but renewed my faith in people. That's an amazing story, filled with truely rare and amazing people.

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Wow...

sal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are some really great stories on here

I have to admit that when I'm driving on my own, there is no way that I'd stop to help someone that had broken down; there are just way too many cranks around that pretend they have a problem just in order to get people to stop so they can rob them. I would also be extremely wary of a man stopping to help if I had broken down. I will always just wait for either my husband or the vehicle recovery service, just to be on the safe side.

I'm sorry if I sound selfish, but unfortunately, there are a lot of dangerous people out there and you won't know who they are till it's too late.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, that was an amazing story! I think you paid a good portion of it back by doing what you did to the van. I'm sure that man will stop and help anybody now because of you so in a way you've paid others back already.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About 11 years ago while living in an apartment complex in Kansas City, we had a major snowstorm. All the cars in the parking lot were snowed in, so I grabbed my shovel and went outside to help others get their cars unstuck. Everyone (except one person) in my building did the same, and we all worked on shoveling, pushing all of our cars out of the drifts for a few hours.

The neighbor that wasn't helping just stood there and watched us. He was a very large young man, the largest man in the building, and in fact, a linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs. After about 3 hours of shoveling, I was pretty d*mn annoyed at this big burley man, obviously too self important to chip in and help. I walked up to him, handed him my shovel, and said to him: "you're a big guy, much bigger than me, why don't you pitch in here". He looked at me all aghast, took the shovel from me, and proceeded to shovel behind a pickup truck.

It was great to see the neighbors pulling together in this situation. It was also very entertaining to humble the big "chief".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For anyone that read the first post, I finally got to pick up my car yesterday today after spending $300+ on it, only to have it quit on the way home. It was fixed by a mechanic that I know and trust, but he was limited to changing the fuel pump and couldn't scan the PCM, (mini-computer, or powertrain control module) because the costs of having that ability are completely unreasonable for a smalltime mechanic.

I had to pay to get the damn thing towed again, but to a dealership which was closed. First thing this morning I called and made an appointment for my car, which was already there. They called me back and told me that the PCM has failed and will cost a couple of thousand to fix, yet that may not be the only problem. However, they won't be able to know what else is wrong until they replace the PCM. It may not be worth it for this piece of crap dodge colt, so I'm trying to come up with a decision today. I know a few things for sure though. I hate cars. I hate them when I'm broke. I hated them when I had money.