I got my kitty!

ento890

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for everyone's help in my initial thread!

I went to the shelter today to pick out a kitty, they were actually holding a special where all pets were 15$ and anything over 5 months was Free, because they were so packed with animals. I found "Mr Fluffy", a 12 year old "Himalayan/Siamese" mix, was apparently relinquished due to allergies. He is SO sweet and mellow, even at the pound, he accepted treats out of my hand and gave me nothing but purrs. He's adjusting okay so far, I fenced off my laundry room and kitchen from my dogs so they can see eachother through the fence. He's enjoying sleeping on top of the washer. 

He does have a small growth over his eye, and a little tartar build up, and matting on his fur, but were going back to the shelter on the 13th and they shelter is removing the growth, de-matting, and doing a dental cleaning for me for free! He's just over 13lbs, dragging belly, but feels boney in the hip and spine area. I'm sure he'll fill out fast!

I have officially decided yet, but I think I'm going to name him Oogie

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent choice 
  What an absolutely gorgeous fellow he is!

l hope he settles in fast. l'm sure he'll be a wonderful companion.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet and wise face.  I love the darker points (like a Siamese)!  Thank you for adopting an older kitty!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome guy your "Oogie" aka "Mr. Fluffy" is.  Whatever you call him he looks beautiful, and it's great you adopted him.

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful!  Like the other posters, thank you for adopting an older cat.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

What a handsome man you have adopted. I love that you adopted an older cat.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooohhh... He is lovely.

He looks a lot like our Belle... I wonder if he might be a Birman mix as opposed to Himalayan.  Himmies usually have a more smooshed face, like Persians.  Birmans have more "regular" faces....

Here are a couple pics of Belle to compare:  She is a Birman/Tortie mix.