i got engaged

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Thats my plan. No Hoopla. No cake and if i can get around it ,no big fancy-ola rings. Just love.
The only reason I had a cake is because my Mom made me. It was the morning of my wedding and as she was looking around she pitched a fit about not having a cake. I made a mad dash out to the grocery store and bought the first cake I saw just to make her happy. I didn't care that it said "Happy Birthday".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

I just want our parents to be there and other people (fiances mom) want everyone else to be there cause she thinks they will be mad. I just want a small ceremony , I wouldnt mind it being at the beach and then I want like a barbecue buffet type thing. Im almost vegan so I dont trust a catering service and would have to make all the food. Even the cake.

Another part of me just wants to skip the after party reception and get married at a small chapel and then just go to a beach house for the honey moon.

I dont want to get married until next spring but still... I need to make the decisions now cause spring is a busy time.

I dont know... Argghh!!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would elope first too, and then... later when im ready i would just get everyone to come along to the beach for the photos and reception!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!
You make a very cute couple.

As for the wedding - it's going to be stressful unfortunately, but at the end of the day, you'll be glad you put some effort into the planning and had the people there that you wanted. I wanted to run off to some romantic island and get married, but I'm glad we had the ceremony that all our friends and family could attend. It does mean a lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My problem is too that My fiance has a lot of family and I have my mom and dad and then my dads family which is in ohio. I know they all arent going to be able to come down here and I cant afford to house them all. I havent spoken to my moms side of the family in like 3 years. I dont really want to either. I am not really close to anyone but my mom too. He is pretty close to all his family. I dont have very many friends. Mine moved to florida and his friends still live here. I dont even want to have a maid of honor . I just want it to be us standing up there.