I got engaged!! ring pics!

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abnihon

Thanks!

I am having more second thoughts today though and am now leaning towards exchanging it for a diamond.
I LOVE the sapphire ring, but I just feel like I want my engagement ring to be diamonds.
And I worry that with this ring, it's too big and fancy and either I'll look stupid wearing it with jeans or scrubs (I'm a nurse) or people will just assume that it's a costume jewelry ring and won't even know I'm engaged!
A diamond also just goes with more stuff and I really could wear it every day.

I'm confused.....
First, congratulations!!

Second, try to put other people's opinions out of your head and think about what YOU want. My ring is far from traditional, but it's what I wanted and I love it. Most people don't see it as an engagement ring. Occasionally when I have to explain my ring to people I'll come home and think "maybe I should have gotten a normal engagement ring". But then I realize that I love my ring, it suits me perfectly, and who cares what other people think. Not to mention the possibility of you getting a fantastic wedding band and moving your engagement ring to your right hand, or something like that if you chose. I wanted stacking bands so that between my engagement and wedding bands i would have the look of a wide diamond band. I work with my hands as well, so it was not only a style choice but a practical one. It's all about you, and I think your ring is beautiful!

Here's my engagement ring so you know what I'm talking about. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item...+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Even though I am not a sapphire person ( I prefer red stones), I LOVE your ring! So beautiful...and unique. My boss has (what appears to be) an antique platinum or silver ring, with a large sapphire. (I think it's her birthstone.) Looks lovely to me! And best wishes on your engagement!

I, too, didn't want a diamond (I don't really like them anyway). I wanted something unusual, and also period-correct for the 1860's (I was a Civil War reenactor). Well anyway, he proposed months earlier than he planned, on the spur of the moment, in a pizza place, on a Saturday night. No time to order a ring on the 'Net, and that was un-romantic. The Tiffany solitaire didn't exist then--they basically wore regular rings, but often with an inscription engraved inside of the band (next to the finger). I love that idea. I just wanted a $79, 14k and garnet repro ring I saw online (they actually have very nice jewelry--I have seen it in person). I ended up with a diamond ring that cost far, far more! I didn't have the heart to tell him what I wanted--he was so set on a diamond ring--and wanted to get it that very night. The local stores were closing, so we put the first one I tried on hold until the next day. I kept coming back to that one. I also made sure he had discount coupons (really), as I didn't want him to get further into debt for a silly ring! ( I wanted a house much more than a ring!) It was a pretty ring, with a larger diamond chip flower in the center, flanked by a smaller one on either side.

We later found out it actually was an anniversary ring!

I usually don't wear either ring, engagement nor wedding band, as I am always removing them to work, and find them annoying. I am not a ring person. He has never worn his past our wedding day, so I don't feel bad!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

He bought it for you as an engagement ring. It's perfect! I think it's gorgeous.

Try not to fall into "traditional" or "typical".. because there is no such thing. Some want diamonds, others rubies, some emeralds.
my sister's engagement ring stone was/is a topaz [it's been replaced since she originally got it 25+ years ago, but by another topaz].
i like it! i wouldn't switch, myself.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hearing you say that he loves blue jewelry on you because you have blue eyes. Most guys (sorry, guys) wouldn't put that much thought into it.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
congrats! i think its beautiful and original, my BF took me looking at engagement rings so i think its coming soon....if he does propose in time im going to get married on halloween 2009..i always wanted a halloween wedding.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's gorgeous! It's your ring, your (soon-to-be) marriage... if you love it, go for it! There's no reason to be "traditional" just for the sake of... well, tradition! He obviously put a lot of thought into it, and you love it... and so do I! Lucky girl