I got bitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone! It does look like it is starting to heal already!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even discounting the bite, it's a good idea to get your tetanus shot...It's recommended that you get one every ten years. That's one of the few health things I make sure I'm up on.

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Kiwideus
Lucia! That has got to hurt a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yowza! Razpy must have been in a lot of pain to attack you like that
Poor Razpy and Poor you!
Did it take long to heal?
Yes, I didnt blame Razpy at all. When I initially tried to help him he was fine, but I definitely hurt him when I pulled the door forward.
It took a good two weeks for the inflammation to calm down, but oddly, I had an atypical reaction to the tetanus shot! It swelled up a little then flattened and faded, which is normal, but then a week later it reappeared, with 2 additional hives below it. No one at the hospital had seen anything like it before. (I had had at tetanus shots at least twice before with no trouble at all.) It was kind of funny, I had MDs stopping me in the elevator to look at my arm, and the infectious disease MD gave me his home number and told me that if anything happened during the night, to call him and he would meet me in the ER!That got me a bit nervous, for sure; I guess he was worried that I would have some severe allergic reaction beyond just my arm. So, I went on another antibiotic and ointments and it eventually went away. (They did suggest that I not get any more tetanus shots lol.)