I got bad news from the doctor

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lorie,
Sorry to hear news such as that. I know when docs tell us such things that it can set us back temporarily, but we do not have to live in that place.
As others have said, try to get back into the positive thinking mode and run with it. Such thinking can most definitively have a positive impact on out physical condition.

Back when my mom was still alive I used to call her from time to time and tell her I needed someone to feel sorry for me and that was a kind of cue where I would moan and groan about all that was going wrong or at the very least, jut not right. She would make all the proper ohs' and awws' and tell me she knew how hard I had it and say how bad she felt for me. That would continue for a very brief time and then I would say, "Ok, that's enough, time to stop with the sympathy and get back on with living!"
She'd respond that anytime I needed someone to feel sorry for me to just call.
Now I know it may sound a little silly, but it was a bit of a break for me to get things back in perspective.

Darn it, life is sometimes hard, but it is also sometimes quite beautiful. We have to honestly acknowledge all those bits about it and that will help us get through those bad times and truly enjoy the good ones.

I wish you the best with much love and gratitude in your life. May you have the ability to embrace and share your feelings in all phases in your life through the ups and downs. All of these things will make you a richer more joyful person no matter the events. Most of all, share your experiences with others that it may help them and you will grow and feel your load lightened.

Remember that every time we feel pushed in a dark space, all we have to do is look away from ourselves to see a good and cleansing light around us.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that Lorie

Sending lots of good vibes your way and lots of purrs and headbutts from the gang.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for all the thoughts, prayers, hugs and vibes. This board has proven over and over that the power of prayer and good thoughts really makes a difference!!!!! I am trying to get into a more positive frame of mind about my medical condition, and I'm planning to use the Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins websites to do some reasearch on it. I'm also considering going to the Mayo Clinic for future help, since I don't live too far from where Mayo is located.

Thanks again!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Crystal!

I just went to the Mayo Clinic website and found out they have one of the largest clinical research centers in the U.S. on my condition. My question is can I benefit from this at all if I continue to go to my regular doctor who has no connection with Mayo...or do I have to transfer all my medical treatment to the Mayo Clinic????????????

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Thanks Crystal!

I just went to the Mayo Clinic website and found out they have one of the largest clinical research centers in the U.S. on my condition. My question is can I benefit from this at all if I continue to go to my regular doctor who has no connection with Mayo...or do I have to transfer all my medical treatment to the Mayo Clinic????????????
My prayers are with you too Lorie. Pray and keep up the research and you will make the right decision. Maybe even call the Mayo clinic and ask questions.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear thje bad news. I know how hard it must be.

Is this a life threatening disease? What is it caused by? What is it called?

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear that. I would be a big baby to. YOu have a right to be
My thoughts are with you as well.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear thje bad news. I know how hard it must be.

Is this a life threatening disease? What is it caused by? What is it called?
Well, I don't want to give out too much information over the internet. But this is very serious and yes, it can become life threatening. So I'm praying for a miracle, and I can't say enough how much I really appreciate all that you guys are doing.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Well, I don't want to give out too much information over the internet. But this is very serious and yes, it can become life threatening. So I'm praying for a miracle, and I can't say enough how much I really appreciate all that you guys are doing.
I just wanted to let you know I am still thinking about you Lori and keeping you in my prayers.
I am so sorry you have to go through this