I got a puppy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the sad thing.... Is they are all sterotyped as being bad dogs because of one experience or what they saw on TV. Not that having your cat killed by one isn't an awfull experience but not every Pit kills cats, in fact they tend to like them more than other dogs(Of course as long as they were socialized with them as being terriers they have high prey drives).

When I lived with my dad there was a couple who owned a white Pit bull and he was the sweetest thing when he was a baby but the people who owned him were.... how should I say.... Losers.... They kept him tied to a tree and who knows what else because that dog became dangerously aggressive. He broke his chain and ran down the street just as Brian and I were heading to my house. Brian swerved and just missed him and when we got out of the car he kept charging us and snarling. Everytime a car drove by he'd break away and lounge at it. I ran in the house and called the dog officer and later found out they had to take him down with tranqs because he kept charging them.

I am sorry to hear about your cat though, I always hate hearing stories like that. My Lab when I first adopted her, hated cats and got away from me on the leash and attacked one. Luckily the cat was not seriously hurt and I did learn an important lesson that day about how much control you think you have on your dog and how much you really have.

Good news though!!

My friend just talked to someone yesterday about him knowing a nice responsible home that **gasp** LOVES Pit Bulls. We're hoping his friend would like to have another one and for Coco's sake I hope this is it.