I Got A Job!!!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

No access to good coffee
That one is an easy fix for me. I have a mini coffee maker at my desk (4 cups worth) with Caribou Coffee that I bought in on my own. I inherited it from someone who got laid off at the last job (OK...so they walked her out and she never came back for the stuff....)

I do agree though...office politics and gossip STINKS. Sometimes though...I really like the gossip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Congrats!

Target has some nice business casual stuff too. I bought some of my shirts there.
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Congrats!
Sounds like a great set up! I second Target...that's where I get a lot of my business casual stuff. If it's just a few days you can try to get stuff that will do double duty like neutral pants (black, khaki) or a classic skirt that will go with different tops.
I went to Target yesterday... although I might try going back today. I heart their mossimo v neck tshirts. I don't seem to do well size-wise with their other clothing (I tried on a shirt yesterday to find my body was one size, but 'the girls' were very much another!) but I'll probably head back there today while I have more time to shop. Was only there a few minutes yesterday.

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Congratulations! What do you do that you are so lucky as to get to work from home????
I'm a title searcher (kind of like the person in the joke I posted yesterday who had to search the owners of the house back to 1803) Basically, if you take out a mortgage, refinance a mortgage, buy a house, foreclose on a house, etc, then someone (me) has to run the history of the property to make sure you actually own it, that there are no outstanding liens/money judgments/mortgages/etc and, in the case of a mortgage/refinance, that the new mortgage you are taking will be in the correct lien position, see if there are any easements.... and so on.

It's kind of like playing private detective for houses

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That one is an easy fix for me. I have a mini coffee maker at my desk (4 cups worth) with Caribou Coffee that I bought in on my own. I inherited it from someone who got laid off at the last job (OK...so they walked her out and she never came back for the stuff....)

I do agree though...office politics and gossip STINKS. Sometimes though...I really like the gossip.
Now that rocks!
(I've, uh, inherited lots of stuff that way
)

We were never allowed to do that. They considered coffee makers on a desk a safety hazard.
We were always told if we wanted coffee then there was coffee in the breakroom.

Sure... yucky acidic generic coffee and powdered creamer.
that!

Don't mess with my coffee!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Now that rocks!
(I've, uh, inherited lots of stuff that way
)

We were never allowed to do that. They considered coffee makers on a desk a safety hazard.
We were always told if we wanted coffee then there was coffee in the breakroom.

Sure... yucky acidic generic coffee and powdered creamer.
that!

Don't mess with my coffee!!
I've been told that too...but I ignore them
I made the case that my coffee maker is no more a fire hazard then their fancy dual warmer industrial coffee maker. I won, especially when they had to redo the wiring and found burnt wires

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I won, especially when they had to redo the wiring and found burnt wires
Desktop coffee makers FTW!