I got a freaking VIRUS!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It will show a log of everything running at that time, if you can weed out the correct stuff you are running, you can work out what shouldn't be running and get rid of it
I have no idea what stuff is correct stuff and what stuff is bad though
Seriously guys, pretend I am 5 years old when it comes to this. I know nothing.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats why Ryan said to post it here, the majority of things are easily recognised by the file names, the ones that aren't we can throw questions at you about and maybe find the 'bad' ones

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Thats why Ryan said to post it here, the majority of things are easily recognised by the file names, the ones that aren't we can throw questions at you about and maybe find the 'bad' ones
K I will try that posting it here thing then..thanks

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I am hoping not to jump the gun here but, I wonder if the AVAST program I downloaded actually DID delete the virus. A scan came up normal just now
. Of course thats amazing, but not sure if its legit..Everything is running normal on my puter...but can it really be that the thing is gone from that one program??

Well, I will continue to do daily scans..and we'll see what comes up the next time I guess. I :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: hope some of it is gone..My webpage has not been redirecting, and nothing looks like its trying to install itself...OH, and my firewall is staying on too!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Okay, I am hoping not to jump the gun here but, I wonder if the AVAST program I downloaded actually DID delete the virus. A scan came up normal just now
. Of course thats amazing, but not sure if its legit..Everything is running normal on my puter...but can it really be that the thing is gone from that one program??

Well, I will continue to do daily scans..and we'll see what comes up the next time I guess. I :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: hope some of it is gone..My webpage has not been redirecting, and nothing looks like its trying to install itself...OH, and my firewall is staying on too!
We're still not done yet. We still have to do the Hijack This gig. It won't take long. There may be a few more things after that, but I need to see the log first. Helping someone online takes longer than in person.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

We're still not done yet. We still have to do the Hijack This gig. It won't take long. There may be a few more things after that, but I need to see the log first. Helping someone online takes longer than in person.
Like I said, I will try and do it tonight..I hope you are online so I can PM you if I am not sure of something