I Give Up... The Heat Is On!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that seems a little high, even for gas and electricity combined.

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Wow, that seems a little high, even for gas and electricity combined.
It does seem high But compared to some of my work mates and a neighbor it is very good. One lady I work with spent $1,239.oo for last winter and we only spent $740.oo for the same period thanks to my hubby as he is better at restricting the temp on the ducted heating. I just make sure I pay money into the account every pay day.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where is "orange nsw"?

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man I am sooooo glad that I opted for an electric heat pump with electric back-up! There was an article on the local news-site that our natural gas company is going to raise rates 36.7%
! Ouchie!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're still running our swamp cooler and ceiling fans. Daytime highs are in the mid-90s and overnight lows, around 70. I DO have to turn the ceiling fan down to "low", at night.

As for snow, we keep THAT on top of a mountain, thirty miles away and there won't be any, up there, until after Thanksgiving.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Switch your gas and electricity supplier!
Can you do that? I did it in the UK and cut my bills more or less in half!
I so wish but XCel is the only game in town. They have to go through a state regulatory board before upping prices but have proven that their costs are going up so they've been getting what they ask for. The gas request that was approved is about + $50 a month on an average bill and the new electricity request is for + $35 a month. Hubby and I can handle it but I really wonder how those who are just making it month-to-month can absorb an increase like this.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this morning I broke down and turned our heat on. It was like 58 degrees in here...too cold! So, I just turned it on to 62, which, even though its only 4 degrees warmer, is a BIG DIFFERENCE!
The marble tile in my bathroom was so incredibly cold!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The temperatures have warmed up here quite a bit today it's 4C (39 F)

It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow!

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Where is "orange NSW"?
ORANGE is in New South Wales Australia it is a town of about 40,000 and has the most beautiful four seasons (I have only been here for 18 months ) the town has many parks and lots and lots of trees. I think that the trees are mostly English types oaks elms horse chestnuts and so forth. The town has a large mine that employees many people. It is also the home of electrolux appliances ( white goods) but that industry is all but shutting its doors as it is cheaper to outsource to China. Orange has a very large mental hospital as well, also a clinical laundry factory so their are plenty of job opportunities. I got a job within 8 days of coming here working in one of the nursing homes. I love the town and am starting to meet new friends. But miss my family back home in Western Australia.

My hubby has just pointed out that I did not say that our gas bill is electricity and gas combined, sorry.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had to turn the oil filled space heater on for about three days, but not the furnace yet.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistys mum

ORANGE is in New South Wales Australia it is a town of about 40,000 and has the most beautiful four seasons (I have only been here for 18 months ) the town has many parks and lots and lots of trees. I think that the trees are mostly English types oaks elms horse chestnuts and so forth. The town has a large mine that employees many people. It is also the home of electrolux appliances ( white goods) but that industry is all but shutting its doors as it is cheaper to outsource to China. Orange has a very large mental hospital as well, also a clinical laundry factory so their are plenty of job opportunities. I got a job within 8 days of coming here working in one of the nursing homes. I love the town and am starting to meet new friends. But miss my family back home in Western Australia.

My hubby has just pointed out that I did not say that our gas bill is electricity and gas combined, sorry.
I see. That makes more sense now.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heat was turned on today... it got waaay to cold to keep the windows open for the kitties.. I have been freezing my buns off for the past few days.. and finally warmth
I dread the day snow comes.