I get to take a puppy...

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a horribly sad thread.
And right now it's 10:45 a.m. CDT, so it's very likely that the puppy has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I hope you were able to take that puppy to the park for a while this morning and were able to stay with him/her while the vet gave the injection.

I know this is really sad, but I think the decision to end the puppy's life was the right one. When an animal is suffering as horribly as this puppy was, and the quality of life is zero, putting that animal to sleep really is the greatest act of kindness that can ever be given.

R.I.P. sweet one...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took her in at 1:15PM today. They didn't want many people to be there to see her in the condition she was in.

Seriosuly, though. I have no doubt in my mind that was the right decision. She had so much hair in her kennel that she had lost overnight. She hid in the bathroom all morning. When it came time, she wiggled & wiggled. Was thrilled to go for a car ride. I held it together until I got to the vet's office. I left her there & didn't stay, I knew I would only make things worse with how I was. I went back later to pick up some kitties. They told me she was gone fast. She knew they wanted to make her feel better. She trusted them & they did what was best. When they told me she went fast, I started bawling again. They tried to make me feel better. But, the entire time, I kept thinking of the black lab pup I lost that was the same age.....that just made it harder.

As the tech said, she's chasing bunnies now & pain free.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I took her in at 1:15PM today. They didn't want many people to be there to see her in the condition she was in.

Seriosuly, though. I have no doubt in my mind that was the right decision. She had so much hair in her kennel that she had lost overnight. She hid in the bathroom all morning. When it came time, she wiggled & wiggled. Was thrilled to go for a car ride. I held it together until I got to the vet's office. I left her there & didn't stay, I knew I would only make things worse with how I was. I went back later to pick up some kitties. They told me she was gone fast. She knew they wanted to make her feel better. She trusted them & they did what was best. When they told me she went fast, I started bawling again. They tried to make me feel better. But, the entire time, I kept thinking of the black lab pup I lost that was the same age.....that just made it harder.

As the tech said, she's chasing bunnies now & pain free.
Awww, Natalie; you made the right choice, and she's so much happier now!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hon I had todo the same thing earlier this week. I know how tough it is. But just remember it was best for the poor puppy. The puppy I had to bring in was a Beagle mix the sweetest little girl acted perfectly healthy but had a very bad heart condition and her liver was shutting down.
It was decided to put her down before she started acting sick. She was only 12 weeks old such a sweet girl. I just held her in my arms as she wiggled and licked everyone. We were all crying so hard she was such a sweet little girl it was the hardest thing Ive ever had to do. The vet , the vet techs, me and her foster mom were all crying. She just looked so sweet and cute. Another reason people should spay and neuter their pets.