I found this cat and i don't know if something is wrong with it or that's just the way it looks... b

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's no reason to assume the cats life will be ended, but surely the cat will continue to suffer and suffer greatly, if it's not treated.

All of us, or all of us grown-ups anyway, have to make tough decisions on what we can do versus what we wish we could do.  This person already has a cat family to be responsible for and a kind heart that they didn't turn a blind eye to an animal in need.  If you don't take an animal to a shelter where it at least has a chance of receiving medical care, because you can't "bear" the thought that it might be put to sleep, then you're thinking about yourself and not the cat.  Because it appears you can "bear" the thought of the animal suffering alone and dying of it's injuries as long as it's outside where you can't see it. 

My apologies for the directness, I've just seen to many people who are more in touch with their hero-complex than the animal's real-world suffering.   No-kill shelters are full of animals that people aren't adequately funded or skilled to run.   Thanks god for the people who run the TNR programs and care for the colonies of feral cats. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

There's no reason to assume the cats life will be ended, but surely the cat will continue to suffer and suffer greatly, if it's not treated.

All of us, or all of us grown-ups anyway, have to make tough decisions on what we can do versus what we wish we could do.  This person already has a cat family to be responsible for and a kind heart that they didn't turn a blind eye to an animal in need.  If you don't take an animal to a shelter where it at least has a chance of receiving medical care, because you can't "bear" the thought that it might be put to sleep, then you're thinking about yourself and not the cat.  Because it appears you can "bear" the thought of the animal suffering alone and dying of it's injuries as long as it's outside where you can't see it. 

My apologies for the directness, I've just seen to many people who are more in touch with their hero-complex than the animal's real-world suffering.   No-kill shelters are full of animals that people aren't adequately funded or skilled to run.   Thanks god for the people who run the TNR programs and care for the colonies of feral cats. 
Hi @Reba...I appreciate what you have just posted, but I don't think that @catwoman707....or even I meant that in some cases cats should not be brought to a shelter, either  a "kill one or no-kill".  

We just answer based on what the originally OP posted, and she put the photos of the cat here, to get members' suggestions.  In this particular case, most thought that it could be Mange, so when Gemsgem said it would be a straightforward treatment, catwoman707 came on board and offered that "Revolution" would also work.  I hear that you are saying it may be costly, and that the OP has to decide for herself, but since IrinaSak, has already mentioned that in Romania, there are no shelters....then this is no longer an option anyhow.

The only option right now is to get meds from a vet, or a pet place...which IrinaSak....has offered to PM.

I also like what you wrote about putting the cat first, and not the feelings of the person taking care of them, but in catwoman707's case....she is emotional...because she has a cat rescue.  Having seen a lot of suffering...doesn't always numb a person.

I would have to disagree with you on the No Kill Shelters...being not "skilled to run".....It would still be a far better place than alone on the streets

But yes.....as you said.. thanking God and also I thank the people who run TNR programs as well.

Don't take any offense to what  I just said.....since I think that two cat people can have open dialogue and discuss things...and may never agree....but at least you got me to think more.  "hero complexes"....do happen,   I just never think of them as bad when a cat is concerned.  But your point of money issues is important, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bidocea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to tkank all of you for all the grat suggestions, and I will try my best to cure thes cat. @IrineSaK I am from Suceava com. Straja if you need more information send me a private message.