I found DH's cousin's cat! What are the chances?

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

any chance you could post a picture of Ben? I'd love to see him and yes- this is a miracle
the odds of him ending up in your garden and you waking up and finding him out there were really stacked against you!

regards,

Christine

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

He was very emotional, because he got Ben right after his wife ran off with her boss, and not long after his younger brother committed suicide. Ben has been his best friend and companion - he even added a small conservatory to his house for the cat.
Awww, that makes me cry even more! I am so glad he has him back! I am sure Ben is glad to have his Papa back too! He has probably been wondering where HE has been this whole time.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tricia, that story is beyond amazing! That really falls into the realm of "miracle"! Seriously, what are the odds of Ben finding his way across town (and over the river!), and making his way to your yard...one of the few people who would recognize him, and then he and the other cat creating enough of a ruckus to draw you out, for you to recognize him, and then for him to be confident enough to come to you???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a picture (didn't think to take one yesterday, what with Jamie yowling because he was locked out of the living room, and Miezi shrieking outside). I don't know what the odds are - our town has a little over 9,500 inhabitants, so somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 houses, and the distance between our homes is about 2.5 to 3 kilometers, since he couldn't have traveled a straight diagonal line because of the river.

I wouldn't have found him if it weren't for Miezi. That's the second time she's helped out. A couple of years ago I was trying to trap a feral kitten, without any luck, till she decided to chase him, and he ran into the trap. I get mad at her for fighting, but it has done some good. This is our "little" heroine:

I still don't understand how he could have disappeared for two months around here, unless somebody took him in, because people are really good about reporting strays to the police and shelter. We're overrun with foxes, too.

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, she is pretty. I am so glad you found Ben. How wonderful that must have been for Ben's person.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tricia, that's amazing!
What a wonderful story, finally a happy ending!