I found a very young kitten, who is very pregnant.

sls2896

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was hoping someone could tell me I found a young kitten and she is prengnant, and I can feel the kittens in her moving around, I honestly didn't think they would be alive considering how small she is, but they are active. Anyhow I was wondering I found a nasty blob of very thick greenish stuff on her female area I have never seen cats have a mucus plug but, I was wondering if that was what it was, it had no odor. If that was what it was how long until she possible delivers?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indeed. If she's so very small, she may need help... I think you ought to keep a veterinarian to be on standby, just in case. Young kittens have delivered safely, but complications are also more common. You will want to keep her inside in a warm room, get her a box lined with old, clean towels in a quiet location, and makes sure she has good food and water. If she is active and looks healthy, she has the best chances a girl her age can have; if she looks sick, you might need to take her to the vet. Whatever you do, you should keep her indoors and get her spayed when the kits are weaned--remember she can get pregnant while she's still nursing her babies, and at her age, that would just be too much for her.

Good luck to you and your kitten. Hope everything goes well.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
theres not much i can say that hasnt already be said , but i want to say good luck and i hope she has a very safe delivery , i would be a bit worried about the green mucus was it a light brownish /yellowish green? if yes then this is fine , but if it was a very strong green i would be worried abotu an infection. but its good there is no bad odors to it.

lacy's mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Mucas plug goes first then her water will break.
But it can be a few hours inbetween.

Cally lost her mucas plug at 9pm April 16th,Her water at 10:30am the 17 then did not start pushing until 8pm that night.

SHe is close keep a close eye on her she very well might need your help.

Keep us updated

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the pending birth. Keep us updated

You said she is a young kitten...have you taken her to a vet to get an idea of her age? I hope she's no too young, poor baby. Was she wormed with a pregnancy-safe wormer when you got her? If not, worms are a thing to look out for when the babies are born. Your vet will be able to advise you on that.