I found a stray, what does she most resemble?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What a cute honeybun!:redheartpump::hearthrob: What is her name?

I am not a breed expert, but I am sure others here will reply soonest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sonica1031

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What a cute honeybun!:redheartpump::hearthrob: What is her name?

I am not a breed expert, but I am sure others here will reply soonest.
Her name is Cookie. I took her to the vet and they say she is about 4 weeks old. She is in good shape too. I got her dewormed and once overed. She has fleas, but I bathed her in some dawn and will be continuing to do so weekly until she is old enough to take topical solutions.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute girl!!! I'm so smitten with this kitten! I think she probably will maintain her coat :)
Also not an expert, but shes probably a Domestic Long Hair, which is sort of a mix of breeds. It is super, super, super common for cats to be a Domestic long/short hair :)
More experienced people will probably come along to confirm or deny this, though.
Again, what a cutie! Please do post more
photos!!!!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Her name is Cookie. I took her to the vet and they say she is about 4 weeks old. She is in good shape too. I got her dewormed and once overed. She has fleas, but I bathed her in some dawn and will be continuing to do so weekly until she is old enough to take topical solutions.
Well it was so wonderful of you to take her in. You have a good heart. One less cat off the street is a victory for us cat lovers. In another 3 months or so pretty Cookie needs to be fixed. Enjoy your new kitty. And takes lots of photos. They grow up so fast., :loveeyes:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cute! The first one looks like my lab! He and my kitten are BFFs! I think dogs and kittens can have very sweet friendships!

Sonica1031

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This will be my second cat and 3rd pet. My husband said no more. Lol, but she won his heart too. The only one not super happy is our 10 month old short haired tabby, but she is reacting better than I thought she would and I want her to have a friend other than Arrow.

Sonica1031

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wish I could post videos. I have some super cute ones.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is really pretty, what a lucky find. I would describe her as a long haired brown tabby, she has that destructive M above her eyes that tabbies have. Enjoy her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Adorable! Yes, domestic longhair brown tabby. The question is, exactly what pattern. Its not easily visible because she is longhair. My guess is, mackerel or broken mackerel. You will prob see more clearly if you at some time shave her, for example in hot high summer.

Next question is if she is a torbie, ie if she carries red. There is some orange nuances, among others, on her left chin.
Its not easy to decide. Brown tabbies do often have warm brownish nuances here and there, the nuances may even be orange...
Look on her foot pads. Are they all blackish or is some of the pinkish? This is a strong indicium, especielly as she doesnt have white feet.

Another indicium could be green eyes, whom are quite common on torties and torbies, but not that common in the overall moggie population.
You will see her eye color in another month....

The white on her chin and eyes doesnt need be true white spots. These too do happen on many tabbies.

All in all. You will probably see more clearly her exact features as she grows up.

Tx for rescuing her!

Sonica1031

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has pink and black paw pads. She does have some reddish patches, but its still an orangey brown more than true red. Her bottom fur seems to be more curly if that helps.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such an adorable baby! :redheartpump: I would describe Cookie as a torbie domestic longhair.

She's definitely a longhaired kitten, although she might go through a developmental stage as an adolescent when she isn't as floofy.

You can tell from looking at her face that she is a torbie, because the stripes on one side of her face are orange, and the corresponding stripes on the other side are blackish brown. The paw pad color is also a good clue, as StefanZ mentioned.

20201218_144742-2.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh she's adorable!
You already got good ideas from everyone and although I know you did take her to the vet, did they mention anything about her left eye? It looks a bit cloudy/teary to me.