I Found A Kitten + I Lost A Cat?

EchoOfCanada95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last night, when I was going for a walk, I found three kittens. They were older kittens, around 6 months. I lived a block away, and I couldn't carry all three in my arms. They were not neutered, they looked skinnier than my boy at that age, and they didn't seem to have a home, it looked like their nest was underneath a fence in a patch of grass. I love cats and I didn't want to leave them, but I could only take one. There were 2 tabbies, and one fluffy cream point. The cream point wasn't as affectionate as the first tabby, but it was still friendly. The second tabby was very aloof, and was the last kitten to emerge from the nest. The first tabby kitten was extremely friendly so I brought that one home. He didn't really like being carried but I managed to bring him home fine. I have 2 cats, a 2 year old boy and a 9 year old angry lady. But when I walked into my kitchen, I saw an orange cat run into my dad's room. This is my neighbor's cat. I put the kitten in the kitchen and tried to get the orange cat out, but it has completely vanished. I cannot find it anywhere, but I'm sure that it didn't leave my house. I don't want to go to my neighbor's house and ask them to get their cat, because honestly I'm kind of scared of them. Police have come to their house multiple times, and they are very loud. They also have two dogs, and I have a fear of dogs. This cat is very antisocial, it always runs away from people that aren't its owner. I really need to get it out but I don't know how? I think it is hiding between boxes but I can't really move them.
Back to the kitten. At first, he didn't eat cat food, probably because he has never seen before. He was also really confused about water in a bowl. Then he saw one of my cats eating and now he knows how to do it. He's really friendly, but he started meowing at the door to go outside after I walked him on a leash in my backyard. He has also become enemies with my boy. I don't know what I should do with this kitten? I don't want to go back for the siblings because last night there was a mean lady in that street yelling at me to go home, because apparently I was ruining her evening by just sitting on the curb and petting cats. I thinking about getting a kitten anyway so I might keep this one? If my dad allows it. If he doesn't, then IDK what to do.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, can you post photos of the kitten?

Second, it would be best if you could borrow a humane trap from a local rescue. That would allow you to catch both the cat in your house, and the remaining kittens. They all need to be spayed and neutered, before you are overrun with kittens in no time. If you tell us where you are located we can help you to find resources in your area.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s hard to tell how old the cat is; I think he might be photographing larger than he is.

Here is the local spca: BC SPCA Prince George Spay Neuter Clinic

And here is the humane society: Prince George Humane Society

Both should be able to point you in the direction of resources, and might even be able to help you trap the rest of the cats. They all need to be spayed and neutered.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its of course important you talk with your parents, so they do agree on having the cats and help you out with the other cats...

With friendly cats you can either try to find homes for them, or even get a shelter help you.
With shy semiferale cats many shelters will just kill them. Not all shelters have fostering homes lined up.

So what is ideal to do, is not always possible to do if you are alone... And in such a case, you must perhaps concentrate on just the first tabby you rescued.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The yellow cat? Probably it tried to just get shelter in your house. He feels you are somewhat friendly. Otherwise he could surely run outside into some bushes.

And if so, the first step is already done. The difficulty is of course, what to do next? Try to adopt it too, give it to a shelter, try to let it return to your neigbours?

are your residents spayed / neutered? If not, and if he too isnt neutered, he perhaps hope to mate...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, when I was going for a walk, I found three kittens. They were older kittens, around 6 months. I lived a block away, and I couldn't carry all three in my arms. They were not neutered, they looked skinnier than my boy at that age, and they didn't seem to have a home, it looked like their nest was underneath a fence in a patch of grass. I love cats and I didn't want to leave them, but I could only take one. There were 2 tabbies, and one fluffy cream point. The cream point wasn't as affectionate as the first tabby, but it was still friendly. The second tabby was very aloof, and was the last kitten to emerge from the nest. The first tabby kitten was extremely friendly so I brought that one home.
I wouldn't like to ruin your plans, but if those kittens are somewhat friendly, it means that they aren't totally feral. I think that they have known human hands before, probably they are someone's kittens, so I think you should ask around where you found them and see if someone has these kittens.
Being aloof or little friendly doesn't mean they are ferals, it could be just their attitude.
My cat would look like a stray or feral, because runs away with strangers, she hisses and could bite or scratch and nobody could pick her up.
But being friendly is a sign that they know humans.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sound abandoned to me. They all need to be neutered and spayed before this is a much larger issue.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes I agree they sound as abandoned. Probably even recently as they are still together.

This means too a fostering of them should be easy.