I "found" a cat last night :)

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very late last night a cat meowed on my  window, so I opened the window to "talk" to it and it came inside right away.  My Doppa was not very pleased, but as I didn't recocnize this cat  (of course you kind of "know" which cat live in the neighbourhood, and this one was "new"), I wanted to check if I  could see if it was far from where it lived.  It didn't have a collar and didn't seem have ever had one, but  looked very good and healthy. I checked if she was hungry and she ate like it was the first meal for a long time. She didn't seem to want any  water, but  right after eating, she  jumped  up onto the counter (in the bathroom) and meowed at the tap, so for fun I turned it on  and she started drinking. She went down again to eat some more, then had some more to drink from the tap. She was a very cuddly young female.

I checked at the website on the cat shelter to see if she was there as a lost cat and there was a photo of a cat there that really looked like this one. It said that she didn't have a collar but was microchipped.  (I checked and couldn't find the little bit of "spaghetti", that can be felt very clearly in my cats.)   I decited to call the number provided today, at least to check if that cat in the ad had been found (it had meen reported missing for over a week), so the owner  would know their kitty was ok and around  here, rather far from where it lived. I couldn't keep the cat inside  over night, as my girls did really not aprove and the "guest" did not agree to be locked in the bathroom, which was my only option. (we have  one bedroom, so the only other room I could close was the bathroom).

So,  today  I called the owner from the ad and he was sure this was his cat, as it always  drinks from the tap. He was going to walk around close  to my home and see if he would  find her. I also thought, that since she got a meal and a cuddle here, she might come  back or not go  far.  The owner said she was an indoor cat,  living on the second floor, so he didn't understand how she got out.  But she did go every other weekend for visits to his ex, so lately she (the kitty) had started to really try to get to know the big outside.

I sent my son out to look for the kitty, and he found  her!  So I called the owner again and he came to pick her upp, so there was a happy ending.  :)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful!  So glad you fed her and gave her some water and then helped reunite her with her owner!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You certainly went the extra mile, so you are an official CAT HERO!!!