I finally met a TCS member face-to-face!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last weekend, Heidi (valanhb) was in Port Clinton OH for a marksmanship competition with the Colorado state team. Since Port Clinton is not too far from Cleveland (about 1 1/2 hours west),I drove out on Sunday to meet her.

I was nervous and excited, because this was the first time I met an TCS forum friend face-to-face. Heidi is just as nice and friendly in person as she is on the forums. We had hoped that Laurie (LDG) would also be able to make it, but she wasn't able to
but there's always the competition next year!

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I was waiting to get this photo developed (Heidi's on the left, I'm on the right and we're at Fort Perry where the competition was being held):

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cool!
I'm so glad you two were able to meet! I wish I would have had more time when I was in Arizona and I would have looked up a couple of our members there! It was just too quick of a trip and having 2 cats with you always complicates things a bit!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is wonderful and what a great picture!!! Hopefully next time Laurie can be there.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love meeting TCS members! I'm jealous that you got to meet Heidi! She's such a great girl, I would love to meet her. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I'll get to meet Laurie (LDG) and Gary and his mother tomorrow (not to mention that very famous Mae!) We will definitly post pics!

I highly recommend taking the opportunity to meet any one from this site face to face. I have met Jin (Jin&Spawn), Daniela (dtolle), Sandie (Sandie!), Ken (Imagyne) and Deb (Deb25) and have had wonderful experiences hanging out with all of them.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so cool! I hope to meet you guys too!

I had the pleasure of meeting Jan (Auburn412) a few months ago and she is lovely in person, with a BIG smile. I really enjoyed her visit and her hubby was very nice also!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY! Meeting forum members is a blast.

As Colby said, her and I have met. And we have been fortunate enough to have developed a great friendship off of these forums as well which is super.

I've also met Ken ( Imagyne) and Sandie. It was a great experience!!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by dtolle

As Colby said, her and I have met. And we have been fortunate enough to have developed a great friendship off of these forums as well which is super.

you know, it's funny. I probably talk more to my friends from the board here, than the ones I got to know in 'real life' first. Daniela talks me off of all the evil food out there!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Colby and I are two food-aholics in rehab. And we are each others support group all day long.
We've saved each other thousands of calories, I'm sure of it

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Threads like this get me thinking about a some-day TCS convention. It would be soooo cool if we could have one in the future.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could you just imagine if we could pull it off and actually put one together? What a treat that would be!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be VERY cool if we could all meet someday!!
The 1st Annual TCS Slumber Party / Educational Cat Convention

Hey Deb, my husband and I are in your neck of the woods a lot! As a matter of fact, we were there this morning! We should hook up some time for a mini-meeting!!
(That way you'll have a good description of me should I get into any trouble, LMAO!)

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to meet harrythecat (Angela) at a cat show that she was kind enough to invite me to. We had a drool fest over the kitties and really had a good time getting to know each other!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by DragonLady
I got to meet harrythecat (Angela) at a cat show that she was kind enough to invite me to. We had a drool fest over the kitties and really had a good time getting to know each other!
Oh cool, Teresa! I bet that was a fun day!
(Droolfest - LMAO!)

OK....I have met one TCS member face to face -- Nicolette -- but I don't think it counts since she's been my friend forever and lives around the corner - LOL!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim:

You were in Tampa? Girl, we definitely need to hook up! Where exactly are you?

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tybalt and I have met Val (Princess Purr). She is just as much of a sweetie in real life as she is on the boards!
Her husband is a nice guy. And the kitties are even CUTER in person, if that is possible!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
Kim:

duh Deb, look at her profile, she's from florida

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
Kim:

Yeah Deb, we live less than two hours away from Tampa. We live in Lake County (Leesburg) - right smack in the middle of Florida. (40 miles north of Orlando) We are literally an hour away from everything, LOL!

Early this morning, we drove over to Tampa to pick up a shipment of materials for our cabinet company - we have been there a lot lately. Also, I have friends I visit in the Safety Harbor area and a couple in Largo, too. It would be a sin if we didn't hook up!

As a matter of fact, the last Photoshop World Seminar was in Tampa and I stayed at the Raddison for three days.... I was thinking you would have loved the tech show -- Mac City!!

Also, I was going to see if you wanted to go to Merrit Island the next time the shuttle goes up (.... I know how you feel about the Space program). A friend of ours has an office there and his balcony is a front row seat...They have (rated G) shuttle parties all the time... I bet our kids would love it.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a Cat Show at the Valley Forge Convention Center in a few weeks, on 8/23-24. I am planning on attending, and would love it if other TCS members could attend!!! This is my first cat show, so I am figuring it will be a lot of fun.