I Feel So Angry

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't often feel this way but really I have had enough of this woman.

I'm sorry if this turns out to be a bit of a long story but I feel I have tell you from the beginning for you to get the whole picture. Last year my beloved Hercules died and I was heartbroken. After going through the usual 'I'm not going through this again' I stopped being selfish and looked for 2 kittens. I saw an advert in the pet shop and phoned the woman up. Three weeks later she turned up a beautiful torti 18 months old. When she brought her her eyes were running and I had to sign to say I would not take her to the vet without letting her know, this she said was because some people had their cats put to sleep without good reason. The next night I phoned the vet and made an appointment for this poorly cat and I phoned her to let her know. She did no more than phone the vet up and cancel my appointment.The poor kittie had cat flu and eventually got to the vet and was very ill for some time. She kept on saying the cat was not ill. The husband took the cat back off me. (Kittie is OK now but not with me).
She did not get in touch with me for weeks and weeks and I bought two kitties from, don't laugh, the dogs home, Buttons and Felix. This was November last year. I love them both to bits. Two weeks later she sent her husband to me with Tara and Pebbles who were 7 months old at the time and asked me if I would foster them. I said that I couldn't because I had just got two new kittens. The next day she came back with them in small cages and told me that if I didn't foster them they would have to be kept in these cages as she had 40 stray cats in her house and no room to put them. So Tara and Pebbles have lived with me ever since. She was supposed to be looking for a home for them. She did not come round again until January and when I went to find the cats for her to have a look at she wasn't interested and told me not to show them to her. I asked if she had found a home for them and she said no but she was looking. Not a word from her since until tonight. She was not interested in Pebbles or Tara and I told her that they had a home with me and she was not to find them a home. She was pleased about that and went on to tell me that she had four more pairs of cats she had taken in. I was horrified and asked if they were living in these small cages (the ones she had my two in were not big enough for them to stand in). She did not answer my question. If I knew where she lived I would report her. I just feel so angry and upset about all those kitties. I am overreacting, no I'm not am I.

andrea77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yikes......I think this woman has to TOTALLY be reported.. I think you should find her number.. talk to the local shelters.. she sounds totally crazy... the issue here is the cats.. they don't sound like they are in a good place!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Andrea you are right about the cats. That's why I want to report her. She is ex-directory so I can't get her address from there. I am going to go to my vet, because I know she used to go there and I am going to tell them and ask for her address. She told me that she keeps on falling out with the vets. She is crazy.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have her full name? I would think that's enough to report her to the authorities (animal control) and let them investigate. She doesn't sound like she's got the wellbeing of the cats at heart at all.....

I would PM Mark Kumpf and find out what you can do about her.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy you are so right. I paid £40 for the first cat which only had a couple of weeks. She is now safely rehomed.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She goes on about being a cat lover and she doesn't even care about them. I'm sorry if I sound so angry but I am on fire and I am so upset about the cats she has. I do her know her full name and I think my vet will remember her.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think your overreacting at all. If you know this woman's last name maybe you could find out what her address is by looking in the phone book. And if you DO find her address, please report her ASAP!

Those poor cats!

andrea77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think if you express how serious it is and how many cats you think there are, the authorities might put more effort in to find her even her info is incomplete, keep us posted..

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's not in the phone book Lorie, she is ex-directory. But I will get her address tomorrow. It has made me feel so sick, I actually feel ill. Little Felix can tell something is wrong with me and he keeps kissing my cheek.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi I don't think Mark can help me because I am in England. But I am going to definitely get it sorted tomorrow. If they tell the RSPCA they will just go and pick them up and put them to sleep, but I can get the Cat's Protection League who have a policy of life until rehomed no matter how long it takes. I have no money so I can't take even one of them and look after it properly. I spend all I have on my kitties to do it properly. But I will get them helped tomorrow.

yoursleeka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel sorry for the people like that woman! And you ARE so right about beeing angry! I would be 100%!!!!!
She is just one crazy person! I used to know one like that.....
Please let us know if you will find out her address and if those poor animals will get out from her crazy place!
I am on your side and with you in my thoughts!!!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that lady needs to be put in one of her little cages to see what it's like to live like that.
Oh that burns my a$$! I think you are doing the right thing by trying to get her put out of business. I hope you find her, poor kitties.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm off to the vets now to try and get her address. Then I have to take my daughter to the hospital so I will not be back for a few hours. You know I am not used to doing things like this, dobbing someone in that is, and I am a bit scared but I believe I have right on my side, and I keep on thinking for those poor kitties. What a good idea to put her in a cage !! Wish me Luck and thanks for your support everyone.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and whenever you think you are not doing the right thing, just think of all those kitties.

40+?? is that what she said?? Did she tell you why she cancelled the appointment? It sounds crazy to just go and cancel someone else's appointments. Perhaps she doesn't realize that vets are around for reasons OTHER than putting animals to sleep... I dunno. Please keep us posted. You are in my thoughts.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tamme, she didn't want the vet to know that she had given me a poorly cat. I'm off now. Thanks so much for your support.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cilla i'm in the UK, so if i can help just let me know.

I'm pleased that your getting in touch with the Cats Protection instead of the R.S.P.C.A.

Which area is this woman from?

giventofly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is horrible ... I hope you can stop her. I'll be sending good vibes to you and those poor little kitties ... I just can't understand why people are so unfeeling when it comes to animals.