I feel like the WORST Mom ever . I need help please !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cats have not always been crazy about wet food so I have been feeding 50/50   dry/wet .  I weighed my male cat this morning and he is 19 pounds  . I feel awful .. Although he is a big framed cat   I feel that is still overweight even for him ..  What do I do ?  I am crying as I type this . I feel so scared for my boy .. 
*Update*

So it has been almost one week since I posted this .  I am feeling much better now about this situation .  I have my cats 90% wet diet  now and they are very happy with it .  I know some people may find this hard to believe buy my cats hate change and they do not like rotation ( different brands of food ) so I have to keep them on the same brand of food all the time .  They happen to love Fancy Feast .  I do give them different varieties of FF so they will not get sick of eating  just the Classic and this seems to be working very well .  In the morning they each get a can of FF Gravy Lovers or FF Grilled  ( no fish ) . In the afternoon they each get a 1/2 can of FF Classic (also no fish) with added hot water which they happily slurp up ..  At bedtime they each get an 1/8 cup of Wysong Epigen which is less than 5% carbs .   I intended to completely cut out the kibble but Mei Li was hooked on the Purina kibble and would not eat wet food  without it .  Thankfully I  was able to ditch that because she loves the Wysong Epigen . Just a few sprinkles on her wet food did the trick ..  Hopefully in time Philippe will  lose  a few pounds that he needs to ..

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

*Update*

So it has been almost one week since I posted this .  I am feeling much better now about this situation .  I have my cats 90% wet diet  now and they are very happy with it .  I know some people may find this hard to believe buy my cats hate change and they do not like rotation ( different brands of food ) so I have to keep them on the same brand of food all the time .  They happen to love Fancy Feast .  I do give them different varieties of FF so they will not get sick of eating  just the Classic and this seems to be working very well .  In the morning they each get a can of FF Gravy Lovers or FF Grilled  ( no fish ) . In the afternoon they each get a 1/2 can of FF Classic (also no fish) with added hot water which they happily slurp up ..  At bedtime they each get an 1/8 cup of Wysong Epigen which is less than 5% carbs .   I intended to completely cut out the kibble but Mei Li was hooked on the Purina kibble and would not eat wet food  without it .  Thankfully I  was able to ditch that because she loves the Wysong Epigen . Just a few sprinkles on her wet food did the trick ..  Hopefully in time Philippe will  lose  a few pounds that he needs to ..
Wow, nice! Consider this a big accomplishment given how long it can take for some cats to transition over.  Yay you! :)

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, nice! Consider this a big accomplishment given how long it can take for some cats to transition over.  Yay you! :)
Thank you so much ..   I am so happy about this . My cats are really happy too .  I hate seeing them stressed out over food .  Meal times should be a happy occasion ..

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

*Update*

This is great news. Sounds like everyone is happy now. 

Lots of cats love Fancy Feast. That's just how it is. Mine do too but they won't eat anything but the classics and sometimes they like the pates with cheese like the turkey and chicken ones but mostly they love the regular classics. The turkey and giblets is a favorite. 

Your right. Mealtime should not be stressful. I'm glad that everything worked out so well. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is great news. Sounds like everyone is happy now. 

Lots of cats love Fancy Feast. That's just how it is. Mine do too but they won't eat anything but the classics and sometimes they like the pates with cheese like the turkey and chicken ones but mostly they love the regular classics. The turkey and giblets is a favorite. 

Your right. Mealtime should not be stressful. I'm glad that everything worked out so well. 

Thank you soooo much ..  Yes , they are very happy kittys ..  I just can't change anything , they hate that ..