I feel HORRIBLE!

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why would they not give pain medication and then demand you bring him back if you want them? They told me with Nuts if I thought he needed pain meds to just call and they'd prescribe them and I could just pick them up. A trip to the vet is stressful for even the calmest animal. I know when I take Attitude it stresses her since she blows her coat. She is less stressed when on a leash(she sits on my lap unless there aren't any dogs in the waiting room and even then she just sits at my feet if she wants down) than in her carrier but either way it's stressful and she usually isn't injured. They just saw him so it's not like you are calling them weeks later wanting some, I mean it just happened.

It has to hurt, I mean if you had something amputated it would hurt, this why I won't declaw a cat, it's an amputation and it hurts.

I'm sorry they are being difficult, I don't get it either. My vet most of time doesn't give you the option of pain killers, he just gives them if it's something painful, like a spay or other surgery, other than a neuter and even then they tell you that they will give them if you think they need them with a phone call.

Major coming your way. I hope he get better soon.

Taryn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Zi (which is what we usually call him.) is actually doing MUCH better today.
His tail hasn't been bleeding anymore and he doesn't seem nearly as restless. We also weren't woken up by any kitty screams last night.

Thankfully I think the REALLY hard part is over now. Thank you all SO much for the vibes and well wishes. Please keep them coming!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks hun.
Another night down and Zi continues to do well. His tail doesn't look bad at all, and although he'll still occasionally get mad at it and try to bite at it, he's not doing any further damage and it looks to be healing. We had to scold Teyah last night though, as she seems to thing Zi's new shorter, naked tail is her new play toy.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

she seems to thing Zi's new shorter, naked tail is her new play toy.
That's something Jack would do
He did it to Sophie last night when he was sitting beside me on the sofa and Sophie slowly walked past, so her tail was just within easy reach for him to swat at a couple of times

Pleased he's still improving though

mizmelzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a friend who had a cat and her son was playing with it. He was about 3 or so. She turned around for a minute and heard screeching from the cat. Apparently her son had pulled the skin and fur off of the cat's tip of the tail. He had to have his amputated as well. They took an inch off. He's fine now, and I think at the time he was like 13 so he was old too and he's fine now. Happy as ever.

I know how badly you feel. Every time I step on one of the cats tails because they are around my feet in the kitchen, I feel so bad. And you'd think after umpteen times of stepping on their tails that they'd get the hint that they shouldn't be around my feet, but they still do it. Drives me crazy.

Accident's happen and as long as you didn't do it intentionally, you shouldn't feel guilty. I know it's easier said than done, but it's the truth. Your furbaby still loves you no matter what.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zi got his stitches out about an hour ago!
He was SO good at the vet and actually purred and kneaded the whole time.
Such a sweet, lovey boy... SO glad this whole ordeal is done and over with.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaw, bless him, so glad he is doing well, perhaps now you can stop beating yourself up about it.xx