I feel devestated

Jturp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what I want from this but I needed a space to talk or vent.

Im from the UK and recently went on holiday to Mexico, it was the longest I would of been away from my little cat. Three days into the holiday I found out that she has been hit by a car and didn't make it, I immediately balled my eyes out that I wasn't there, that I couldn't be there. I have never, ever felt so much pain in my chest.

I am now back and have been able to have some kind of goodbye, but I honestly feel broken, I feel so low and sad all the time, I don't want to eat, I just want to sleep and I feel devestated.

She was honestly my world, I have always liked cats but when we got her from a baby, I immediately fell in love, she has so much character, she was fiesty, argumentative, loving, would play fetch, always cause trouble, every day she'd surprise me and she would always sit on me and fall asleep, we even had little routines together

We got her shortly after first lockdown so I was with her 24/7 and I work from home so she's pretty much been the highlight of my day every day for so long...she was like my baby, we have been pretty much inseparable for 2 years. I don't want actually children, she was the only thing I had...

every other pet iv had has passed away at an old age, but she was only two.. Even now it breaks my heart and I'm crying to think I wasnt there and I won't see her again...i never even got a proper goodbye,

I Feel angry and sick that it was a hit and run, i can't do anything and I'm so angry but overwhelmingly sad about it.

I feel like I'm overreacting but I don't know what to do, i just feel lost.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am so sorry about what happened to your little girl. There are never the 'right' words to tell someone who has experienced such a devastating loss. But we will listen to you and try to give you whatever support we can.

That is what this section is all about. Giving you a place to talk about her and share stories of her short, but sweet life. As you continue to collect your thoughts - and if you feel like it - come back and tell us things you would like to serve as a memorial to her here on this site and to pay tribute to the life she gave you. And include all the pics of this sweet girl that you want! We would also love to know her name.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Girl, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be. I know from sad, sad experience what you are going through. And we don't "get over" losing them, we just...get through it. They are with us always, close in our hearts. I know, to the depths of my being that there is Something Beyond, and that she will be waiting for you when you, in the fullness of time, arrive. Until then, she sends her love for you, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. You will miss her physical presence desperately, but her Love is with you still.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my what a beauty queen!! I am so very sorry. There is not much more I can say but perhaps in time you can get another sweet girl.
You are NOT overreacting!! We feel gutted when we lose one of our babies. Just know you are not alone. There is always someone here you can talk with.

Love,
Mia :hugs: :rbheart:💖

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is why this site exists, to let you have some hope that there IS a future for those who have stood in your shoes and survived. I felt the same way, I lost all enjoyment for all life because I felt I didn't deserve to when my own little girl died. She too was hit by a car, in front of me. There is nothing to describe the horror, the complete devastation to your soul, and it takes a long time to come to terms with what happened. I have been through many deaths since then, but none will ever compare to your soulmate.
You have been traumatized. your soul is broken, and your mind will go over the horror again and again. All the should haves, could haves, I want you to know this is perfectly normal. It is the grieving process. Many grieve more and deeper for their little ones than they do humans because they are innocent and give their all to us as they share our life's journey. I want you to know your little girl is at peace because she will always carry your love with her. The bond you shared can never be broken because it is spiritual, so eternal. Though it will take a long time to get used to her absence, she will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers and does NOT want you to be so sad because of her. She wants you to go forward into life and live it as you would want for her to go on if you were the first to go. How do I know this? Because that is love.....
For right now, just live in the present, as all cats do. Try not to dwell in the past, that can never be changed, and do not go into a future that is not yours to see. Keep busy, and know that her love is a permanent part of your soul. it can never be replaecd, but added on to, by other loves in yoru future. Let those other loves come, you need them for true happiness.
My heart breaks for what you are going through. Never hold guilt for something beyond your control, you need intent to hold guilt. And your only intent was to love her. My thoughts and prayers are with you both......RIP precious girl. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure plaec in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Cats have a special way they attach to your heart. She sure was a looker. Take care of yourself and someday once you can help another if you can.