I FEEL CRIMINAL NEUTERING MY CAT!

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know but I feel I shouldn't cz it's in his nature to reproduce, I had to cz his sister was in heat and he was little ....u know ...excited

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is really in the best interest of cats - both male and female to get neutered/spayed. A lot less chance of genital/reproductive related cancers. For the most part, in this world, no one needs more kittens being born day in and day out only to be lost/killed because there is just too many of them and not enough of a demand for them to be cared for. And cats that are sterilized are, in the long run, happier and more content. You did a good thing!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Think about it this way…if you didn’t (and are you also planning to spay the sister?) there’d be THAT many more kitties to take care of, and there are soooooooooo many kitties needing homes right now, everywhere. You are doing the right thing, don’t feel guilty. Slightly less cats in the world means more chance at quality of life for the already existing ones. This also means more happiness for the many birds and other wild species a feral cat preys upon.

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Spaying/neutering cats actually helps them live longer! For female kitties it's more actual health, but for males it's more that they are more likely to sneak out and try to find a female, plus they're more likely to get into fights, etc. And lastly, neutered cats are less likely to spray - and spraying is a pain in the &^@%* to clean up!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Why!? You did him a huge favour.

Cats don't think "I need to go and produce kittens" the way people think they might want to start a family. They get the urge to go out and mate, but they also get the urge to fight with other tom cats. This will lead to them getting horribly injured and they can easily pick up diseases such as FIV or FeLV.

Two of my former feral boys died from these diseases.

Make sure you get his sister spayed soon. Even if she is an indoor cat and never gets pregnant every heat cycle she goes through increases her risk of developing cancer or pyometra.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Think about it this way…if you didn’t (and are you also planning to spay the sister?) there’d be THAT many more kitties to take care of, and there are soooooooooo many kitties needing homes right now, everywhere. You are doing the right thing, don’t feel guilty. Slightly less cats in the world means more chance at quality of life for the already existing ones. This also means more happiness for the many birds and other wild species a feral cat preys upon.
yes, waiting for the brother to heal...