I feel awfull

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its terrible weather here raining and windy and a huge white cat is sat outside our conservatory door looking in, and sometimes he comes in when we leave the door open but we take him back out because i cant take another cat in when i can barely afford my 2, one of which was a stray, theres also a ginger cat who likes to dash in and eat the cats food if we leave the conservatory door open.(we cant fit a cat-flap into that door as its glass).
I know theres a man who lives on the next street who takes in stray cats hes got about 9 but he only feeds them i wish he wouldnt as our back yard links to his and i think hes not looking after them properly so why feed them in the first place?
I feel awfull, i cant just let all these cats in though.
I wish someone look after them properly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its like they know im going to break and take them in or something but i just cant

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad
Is there a no-kill shelter you could take them to? Or a friend or family member who might want to adopt them? If they're friendly and accustomed to people, as they seem to be, then they could definitely be someone's indoor-only pet instead of having to live outside, poor babies.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know that feeling. I have a couple strays around here but everytime I try to get close to them, they get scared. And if I leave my front door open they seem to be nervous about my cats so even though it's quite cold outside at night they stay out.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you put out some sort of cat shelter, so he can get dry and possibly warm up? Even a cardboard box covered with a piece of stout plastic for a roof might work. And a space blanket and/or old wool sweater for a bed would be even better
poor kitties - I think of them often when the weather turns rough. i was able to tame a semi-feral this summer, so that's another cat who will be able to be in a warm spot this winter