I don't want to think this

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my
: i felt this way when my 1st cat, Medley, died. i had just given her a pill, & she disliked them SO much! it was almost as if she died BECAUSE i had medicated her. looking back, i know this was NOT the case, but i felt guilty for a couple of years, that i had caused it. she had been sick for a month - i didn't cause her to die. and even tho i got a new baby just a couple of months ago, i know intellectually that's also not why Mouse died. i feel God sent Cable to me because he knew Mouse would be gone soon, & that Pixel would need a new feline friend - she's always been a 'cat cat' more that a 'person cat'. it will get better - hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't want anyone here to think that I haven't read your responses. I have and they are all so touching
The last few days have been difficult, but I know things will get easier. I had to bring Skylar yo an emergency vet appt., today, so for the past 24 hours, my head has been going crazy with that. Turns out he's fine
Thank the Goddess..

I cannot thank you enough for all your compassion. The stories you shared about your babies really touched my heart
I am sure it was difficult to write some of that, and I want you to know I really appreciate everything
Thank you all so much.. I do plan to get in touch with my therapist about this. I know I may need some extra help in dealing, but I will be fine.
Thanks so much.. Love to all of you

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always look for your threads, Lauren, because you are such a sweet and gentle person. I have suffered from depression most of my life -- from long before the new medicines. I don't know if you are taking medicine, but please talk to your therapist and discuss whether you can be referred for evaluation for medicine. Don't let yourself suffer like this.

Feeling guilty for things you can't control is a symptom of depression, not just grief. You are a wonderful loving person and you are not responsible for Trent or Ani's deaths -- you had no control over their illnesses beyond what you took care of. You did all you could.

I know all the reassurance in the world will only help a little while you are depressed. Please take advantage of the offers of PM and email of board members and you can add my name to your list.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are.