I don't know what to do anymore :(

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why, but in my area, we've got vets that charge an awful lot, and then vets that don't. I honestly don't know why, except I'm guessing that my vet, who is more of a large animal vet, has better prices. And they do the same thing...so if I were you I would be comfortable to use the "newer" vet at least for this instance. You could also consult someone who knows about homeopathic rememdies to see what could bolster his immune system...

hana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just saw your posting. 

And so relieved to see your more recent posting that you found a lower priced clinic. 

Sorry your kitty is suffering and for such a small thing causing so much pain along with stress from the family. 

If you go on Facebook or Twitter or some other social forums with friends, you should talk about this and any help/assistance, just nickels an dimes even. 

Instead of a baby shower or baby gifts, please contribute by friends. 

Or instead of shopping for every day foods, get the cheaper brands ordered and use those extra bucks you save. 

best of luck!

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about Zorro's toe! I agree with @Hana   here - I too had an infection on a TINY cut on my foot that spread rapidly up my leg within one day. I got to the hospital in time to get proper care, but it can spread quickly and if it gets into the bloodstream it can cause blood poisoning.

I'm glad you found a vet who can help you for less. If I were you, I would consider it.

Have you checked for any local Low Income Vet Funds? My local rescue has one, which you apply for with your details and is generally for spay/neuter, emergency care and end of life care. I see you are in Canada, and I am too. My local BCSPCA also helps subisidise vet costs for those with low income. If you're in Alberta by any chance, there is Tails of Help. (LInk: http://tailsofhelp.ca/

I wish you the best in getting Zorro's paw all fixed up.

hana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I see that I posted to this 8-9 years ago now! 
Wow, it's been a long time since I've been active here. 
Hang in there with your furry loved one!

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops I didn't see the date on this thread, either! In fact I'm pretty new here and only just learned where the date appears on the thread. I hope everything worked out for Zorro.