I don't know how to say this...

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are having our longtime cat Daisy put to sleep tomorrow. We have put this off as long as possible, as she knows she is sick and doesn't want to die. But the appointment is made, we are devastated, and I am requesting prayers. We had an appointment today but cancelled to spend one more night with her. I am sick with back pain and also over this. I can't eat. DH says he doesn't know what he is going to do without her. Please, please pray for us.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel prayers sent. I am so sorry. I know how hard this is.
If you're not sure she's ready, it might help if you tell her it's OK. Tell her it's OK to go and rest, and you'll see her again very soon. I think this helps.
Hugs to you. :hugs: 🙏

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel I am so sorry that you and your husband are faced with this. It is by far the hardest and the bravest thing that you can do for any beloved cat. Her spirit is still fighting to stay with you, but she will be with you in a whole and healthy form, and will never leave you. Let her know that while her form may be different, nothing else will have changed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will definitely pray to give you both strength to get through this and to send your precious little one, Daisy, peacefully on her way......
I remember you giving me strength ten years ago when I needed it so bad, thank you for that, and I know the family here at the Cat Site will stand beside you through this. Please come back and give a tribute when you are able, we would like to know what she was like, you are so lucky to have known her in your life.
There is no way to prepare your heart for this, no words to say. There will be a huge hole in your heart, I pray your faith will help to fill it in the coming yeras.
I am so sorry you have to go through this, my condolences and my prayers are with you all.
Whatever path she will follow will forever parallel your own, one day your pain will turn to gratitude for having shared your life with her. She gave you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love........

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is one of the hardest things any pet parent has to do. It's an act of love and you will surely prevent your baby from suffering. It is noble to be there to help any living thing transition to whatever is next. It is never easy to say goodbye and your grief will be real. People here understand that grief and carry it with us. Lean on people for a bit and ask for support. Take things a moment at a time.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel This is heartbreaking news. I'm so sorry. I am praying for you, Daisy and your hubby. Daisy will always be with you. The bond that you all share is eternal. Daisy will make it to the bridge in the blink of an eye and will watch over her beloved mom and dad until the time is right for all of you to be together again. :hugs: :hugs: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Daisy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

You know so well what I would say. But yes, a candle is lit for Daisy, and one for you and your husband! I'll ask Dad to keep an eye on Daisy and give her lots of love until, in the fullness of time, you meet again.

00LitCandle.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have no idea how much your kindness means to us.

Some of you may recall me telling the story ( probably more than once) about how much Daisy loved strawberries. We had gone to a strawberry farm and brought home a basket of fresh strawberries. Daisy kept sitting up like a prarie dog, staring up at that basket. I was going to prove to hercthat she wouldn't like it and to our surprise, she ate it. From that point on, we bought strawberries for her and I even grew them at home. She could drink but reached the point where she wasn't eating the day before we took her. I had DH buy some strawberry ice cream and we let a bit melt for her. She loved it.

Again, I really want you to know how much I appreciate everyone's support during this awful time. I am not in the Bridge to help others as much as I should be these days. I intend to come back more often when I am up to it. Thank you.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Some of you may recall me telling the story ( probably more than once) about how much Daisy loved strawberries. We had gone to a strawberry farm and brought home a basket of fresh strawberries. Daisy kept sitting up like a prarie dog, staring up at that basket. I was going to prove to hercthat she wouldn't like it and to our surprise, she ate it. From that point on, we bought strawberries for her and I even grew them at home. She could drink but reached the point where she wasn't eating the day before we took her. I had DH buy some strawberry ice cream and we let a bit melt for her. She loved it.

Again, I really want you to know how much I appreciate everyone's support during this awful time. I am not in the Bridge to help others as much as I should be these days. I intend to come back more often when I am up to it. Thank you.
That's so cute. Lilith and Sophie love cheese. Especially cheddar.

Don't worry about crossing the bridge. We will take care of it. You need to take some time for yourself. :hugs:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Take care nurseangel nurseangel . It's still so raw for you and your DH. :hugs: