I don't get some parents

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, thats just plain gross and wrong!! I cant stand it when people let their kids get that wet~and then dont even act like its a big deal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Given that she didn't care, I honestly thought that patch of wetness must have been caused by something else. I mean I didn't even wash my hands after touching his wet diaper, because I thought there's no way she'd leave him in a wet diaper if that's what it was.

I saw again this afternoon (she lives in the same complex as me), and I commented that I was just waiting for my shorts to finish in the washing machine since they were covered in his urine and she says "ohhh yeah I have no idea what happened there" (no sorry or anything), and said how soaked he was when they got home. I said "so I guess you didn't have any diapers with you", and she said she didn't, only in the car, and she can't remember everything... I was amazed she just didn't go back to the car.

Her hubby earns a fair bit (well over $100k I believe), and they're both always really well dressed, I just think she's clueless. She adores her little boy, but just doesn't think sometimes.

I know she HATES living in the US, and really want sto go home, but they have to wait until the end of their work visa (or they have to pay back relocation costs), so I think she's getting depressed.

I'm probably going to be spending more time with her in the future, so I think I'm going to have to knock some sense into her...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ahh yes spend time with her and help her out

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would have said something to her. That's completely gross and unsanitary. The poor boy must have been so uncomfortable. Someone needs to give her a stern talking to.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That actually sounds like neglect and would probably be viewed as such by child care authorities. If a child is not changed for a long time he can get serious infections in his diaper region. That poor child.

Hopefully you will be able to make her see a little sense.

As the mother of a very active 2 year old I always have spare diapers, wipes, cream with me and if we are going out for the day at least 1 change of clothes.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG how horrible for the child to have to sit there soaked in his own urine! Self-proclaimed hippy or not, there's living a "hippy" lifestyle and then there's just plain laziness.

If I were a parent I would've grabbed that child and changed his diaper in front of her just to embarrass her. that really gets me.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have to admit i have forgotten to bring a bag out with me when the kids were still in dippers ,it wasnt always but now and again if i was in a rush i would forget the bag on the side. but i have always quickly run to the shop to get nappies or a change of clothes if needed, i wouldnt let them sit in a soaked nappy/clothes.
maybe this was just a 1 of? yes she shouldnt have acted the way she did, but it dosnt mean it happens all the time. ease up a bit on her, if it was an ongoing thing then fair enough someone should be called , but if it was just once that it happend hopfully she has learned and wont allow it to happen again.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have had that problem with my husbands sister. I have talked baout her in the past when I first joined about how she is with her cats.

But her kids are always a mess. They were always in wet dipers and dirty clothes.

They would come over and id always make sure to say ohh look at you you need bath. And then Id kind of go on to ask if they had dipers with and I would change them for her.

After a while it seemed to work. I know it borderlined on abuse but I really dont know if she knew better untill it was pointed out.

Now they still are dirty cause she has them out all day long and I dont agree on some that she lets them do but its better.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
I just don't get it .....It's not like this is her first time out this child is 2 yrs old and has been in diapers since he was born so come on... how can you forget besides didn't she say she had them in the car????? Well that is down right lazy is she afraid shes going to miss out on something I find this is just a excuse on her part .
She sounds like she needs a friend maybe you could find out what really is going on it could be more then just the diaper incident.