I don't get her

sabbyjake

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have an aggressive adult male who tries to fight with all my cat especially my momma kitty and her babies as a safety precaution I put him in a different room with the door shut the mama kitty purposely goes over and tries to fight with him under the door....why does she do this why doesn't she just stay away from him?

joseph watson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she wants to eliminate a threat for her babies. She wants to teach him a lesson so that he stays away from her babies. You don't have to worry about this as this issue will be resolved with time when her babies will be grown up. 

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmm. 

momma cat definitely senses a threat.

I would suggest isolating the bully cat from all other cats in your home, as opposed to just separating the momma cat, and the kittens.

The fact that momma cat is separated, doesn't mean anything to the bully cat, he still goes by the door, and still provokes momma cat and stresses her out, which in turn will stress the kittens out.

Try to switch, and have the bully cat that attacks momma and all other cats isolated to one room and see how it goes. I'm certain the mommy cat wont be walking by that door looking for a fight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabbyjake

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is how it is....he's shut up in the room while she & the babies have the rest of the house....she goes 2 the door 2 bully him.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is how it is....he's shut up in the room while she & the babies have the rest of the house....she goes 2 the door 2 bully him.
oh wow! i just re read your initial post, and i totally misunderstood you...sorry about that!

if you have another room, then i just keep the kittens and momma in there...but she might not let up right away. She clearly sees the bully cat as a threat and will do anything to get rid of him. 

I would suggest some calming treats for both cats. Perhaps when you see mama get agitated, try to play with her, with a toy, something with a wand and string at the end. when my kitties fight i always distract one with a toy, play for about 10-15 mins, and it seems to work. 

although your kitty momma is hormonal...so there is that to consider...

I hope others chime in, and can help you better with this situation 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabbyjake

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks 4 every1's replies