I don't ask often, but can I have vibes please?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I just read this thread and boy does it bring back the fear I felt, when our boy Boris was sick. All the good vibes, thoughts and prayers pulled him through and we were very close to losing him. So, from all of us here and especially Boris, we are sending all the "get well vibes" your way in hope that Drew gets better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got off the phone with the vet's office. They're so nice over there. I asked how Drew was doing and she pulled his file. She said his temperature has went down from 104 to 102.5. I was *SO* happy to hear that! He only has another 1.5 - 2 degrees to go before it's back to normal.

She said he did throw up once over night in his kennel, but that it was only a small amount of solid food (about two teaspoons). I told her that he ate quite a bit yesterday when we were there visiting him and she said that it's an improvement and that he's only thrown up twice since he's been there (He got there on Monday).

She also said that his attitude is improving and that the only time he hisses is when they get around the corner and approach his cage but that once they open it up and take him out of the kennel that he calms down and starts to love on them. His hydration has improved so they're having to give him less subcutenous fluids than they were before.

They want to keep him overnight again to monitor him. I told her that they can keep him overnight as long as it takes to make him better, but that they might want to designate two chairs near his kennel because his parents will coming to visit him every single day until he can come home. She laughed and said not a problem.

His brothers are rather restless. They miss him terribly. I'm having a hard time keeping my composure and I look like death has ran me over a few times. I have dark circles around my eyes and I cry sporadically through out the day so my eyes are almost always bloodshot and swollen. I just HATE feeling so helpless and I hate not being able to do anything to make my baby feel better. His health and improvement is out of my hands and it's driving me insane.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Cassie, well that is great news. Sounds like he is well on the way to recovery, but I know that you are having a VERY rough time. I will continue to pray for Drews recovery and for you, that you can relax a little and not be so stressed. Don't forget to give your other fur babies attention as well, for they miss him too. Hugs

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from visiting him. He looks MUCH better and was more active and responsive today. His fever is down and he ate more food for me. He keep talking to us and loving on us and if either of us moved away from the front of his cage he would look around for us. He's such a sweetheart. I can't WAIT for him to come home.

He did throw up earlier today. They said he threw up about 2 teaspoons of solid food. My poor baby just can't hold anything down
. We both loved on him and told him how much we and his two brothers miss him. We told him how proud we are of him for being so tough and to keep fighting the virus off. The doctor wants to keep him there until he stops throwing up. We said to keep him however long he needs to, but to please please (I was quite literally begging) get him better.

My baby boy. I love him so much. I pray so many times for him through out the day. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and vibes. Drew is getting better and I have no doubt that the board magic here has helped him immensely.

You guys are great thank you again so so much.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie...I will be praying that sweet Drew Bear keeps improving and you can bring him home tomorrow.
Here is a big hug for your cuddle Bear.

Lei

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got off the phone with the vet (A daily thing.. lol) and he said that Drew hasn't thrown up since YESTERDAY MORNING! I was soooo happy to hear that. He said he seems to be eating just fine and he hasn't thrown up *YET*. OMG! I'm soooo sososososo happy!

He did say his temperature went back up just a little bit and that it is cause for concern. He's switching his antibiotic to see if that can help get his temperature down and regulated. Other than the temperature he's doing REALLY good today. Doctor said a few more days of not throwing up and a normal temperature and he can come HOME!

He's also gonna get his vaccinations while we're there. OMG! You guys! I am so thrilled that my baby is improving!!!!! I could literally do a dance on top of my desk right now! My baby boy is getting better WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

We're gonna go visit him again today. I'll let you know how that goes when I get back! OMG I CAN NOT WAIT TO BRING HIM HOME!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG GUESS WHAT! GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT!! Vet called today and said that his temperature is normal and that he hasn't thrown up in TWO DAYS! The vet said that we might be able to take him home tomorrow. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! I wish I could hug you all in person for all the wonderful board magic, but all I can do is hug here so *HUGSHUGSHUGSHUGS*.

I'm gonna deep clean my apartment so that when he comes home it's all nice and neat for him. Then I'm gonna go to the pet store and get some toys/treats/surprises for him. He's been such a trooper. I love that cat! I'll post some new pictures of him when he gets home too.

Wahooo!!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very glad to hear Drew is feeling better. That's so wonderful and I'm sure all of your prayers certainly helped Drew get better and just knowing how much he is loved by you. Wishing Drew continued good health!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the best news I've heard in a long time!!!!! I'm so happy for you

Give Drew a big hug for me!